+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kyocera 7135, Who has one, who’s still waiting???

Does everyone on the board have a 7135 now???

I was just wondering since it seems that we are all breaking down and buying directly from Getconnected.

I think that it would be great to get a count of the percent of Buyers who wanted one and brought it now, and how many potential customers will actually be buying from the big V.

I purchased mine online and must say that overall, I am a very happy man.

I must say that I am not crazy about the ear bud Stereo Headphones, and I don’t like the fact that the Video with Sound thing is still an issue, and last but not least, I do have to soft reset more than I did with my 6035. Come to think of it, two other things are the Brightness Dimming issue and I did notice that the mp3 bass control does something similar, the slider does not move but the bass gets out of sync and has to be readjusted. None of these things make the unit undesirable, as a matter of fact, I would recommend it to anyone, I am just very picky.

I purchased the following accessories in addition to the phone:

1. Spare Battery
    2. Spare Battery Cover (just in case I break it, don’t want to wait for new one)
    3. Spare Antenna (just in case I break it, don’t want to wait for new one)
    4. Spare Holster (Same as 2 and 3)
    5. Travel Charger
    6. Care Charger
    7. 256mb SD Card
    8. Stereo Headset
    9. Pen/Stylus combo (Not really an accessory for the phone but, what the heck)

What accessories did you guys purchase???

How can we tally up where users stand??<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You should post this as a poll. That way people can just vote on if they've already got one. I have noticed the bass getting out of whack too. I just go in and tap the slider, which always fixes it.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Not purchased yet... Out of work right now, so it's hard to justify spending the ~$700.

But when a job hits you can count on me placing the order that day!

Sounds a lot like this poll already:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=4810

I am saving up to buy a house but It will be hard to stop me from getting it the first day Verizon offers it... VERY HARD
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Re: Kyocera 7135, Who has one, who’s still waiting???

It is hard to believe how time flies. I got my 7135 the first week in January. I then ordered and received the following:
    1. Spare Battery
    2. Spare Battery Cover
    3. Travel Charger
    4. Car Charger
    5. USB cable
    6. Pen/Stylus combo (already had several but love new pens. This Kyocera one is sleek and inexpensive.

I already had 128MB and 32 MB SD cards. I'm about to enter the world of MP3 so I'll likely order the stereo headset and maybe cruzer -- no rush.

I know people say that the Kyocera 2235 chargers work with the 7135 but I had an aftermarket car charger designed for the 2235. When I used it once, the battery got too warm too fast. Later, I could not hotsync by pressing the button on the cradle. It took a replacement phone (not the cradle) to resolve that problem. I don't trust my 2235 chargers and decided to get new chargers instead.

I LOVE THIS PHONE!

rrgh, I had the phone for a week. for that thing we did for Super Bowl weekend (Check Off-Topic/Discussion/"Look fot these bad boys this weekend" for the story) and had to give it back Thursday...Now I want it more than ever...that was torture!

The 2235 charger can work, but it can't provide enough current to completely charge the battery, so the best bet is to just use the one that comes with it. Plus, it's kinda cool, with the folding plugs!
    LART 'em all! Let /root grep 'em out!

Re: Kyocera 7135, Who has one, who’s still waiting???

Originally posted by imz14u2nv
    Does everyone on the board have a 7135 now???
    Are you freaking serious? I'd say that maybe 50-100 people here have one from what I have read (but I could be wrong). Even if it is 100 out of closing in on 3,000 members that's like 3% of the people! Most of us are hanging on by a very thin thread and living vicariously through those fortunate few that do have a 7135.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I'm still waiting until Feb 27. I'll be in Nawlins on vacation and since it's Alltel country, I'll waltz into the store if Verizon hasn't released it by that point. Maybe I'll even get the $649.99 price, too...

I don't have one yet
    Only one 7135 per family, LOL ... that, and I'm waiting for Sprint
    --Jazz--

poked back in
    I'm a Sprint hold-out.

Waiting on Verizon here. I thought about going PPC, but then realized I really needed something phone-centric and want to stay with Verizon. So I'm making good use of my 6035 until the 7135 comes out from Verizon.

I bought one online and activated with Verizon. This is a great cellular phone. Call clarity is better than any other phone I've used. It doesn't drop calls at my house which every other phone has done in the past. Speakerphone is outstanding. Screen is brilliant. Interface between address book and dialing is perfect. The phone is built to the standards of an army tank. I have not put a lot of palm apps on the phone, just using the standard ones right now. No resets - soft or hard. This is a great phone - but expensive. No complaints here - yet.

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar
    I'm waiting it out. I currently use a StarTac and a Palm IIIc and, as they say, "if it ain't broke...." Since I WILL be broke after I get a 7135, I'm hanging with what I have until VZW releases it.
    Kyo 7135, XV 6600, XV 6700 and iPhone. Thanks to BT GPS, I even know where I stand!

Got one January 6th - Get Connected and Verizon. Marvelous phone. It's worth waiting for.

Still waiting on Verizon. But not much longer.

Waiting on Verizon and Going NUTS!!!!!!
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

Waiting on Verizon...

Verizon's got 'til the end of February - if they haven't got their act together by then, I'm going to jump with GetConnected.com.:BigKnife:

Got one, had it about 2 weeks. Thankfully I really haven't had any problems (fingers crossed, yet) Caller ID, MP3 player, SD card, cruzer all working as plan. Only disappointment (that is getting use to) is the battery life. It's wicked low.

I have to admit I really like the phone a lot compared to carrying the 6035 and the screen. The screen is to die for. We're talking QUANTUM leap over the 6035. This alone makes it worth it.

I sure wish they had made better use of the toggle buttons on the side too.

Got it and love it!!!!!!!