+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Splash Photo

Splash Photo

For those of you who use PhotoSuite with the 7135, a better alternative IMO is Splash Photo. I found two problems with Photo Suite. First, when adding files from the desktop you are only able to see the first few letters of the pictures name, which makes picture selection a difficult process. Also, assuming you are downloading the pictures to the card, when you use PhotoSuite on the 7135, every time you want to view photos you have to hit the little card icon in order to view pictures on the card. Then, after hitting that icon, the list of photos on the card is slowly poplulated.

In contrast, when adding files from the desktop with Splash Photo, you are typically able to see the pictures entire name (or at least nough of it to identify it easily). Also, and IMO more importantly, when launched on the 7135 the program automatically quickly and seemlessly shows all the pictures that are on the SD.

I have both Splash Photo and Splash ID (a program that securely keeps track of all your private information and syncronized that info with the desktop) and am very happy with both.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I have been a registered user of Splash Photo for a long time myself, and I like it a lot. I can't compare it to other viewers, but I'm planning to install it on the 7135 right way. Of course I will check out PhotoSuite also... but Splash Photo does a great job. I'm glad to hear that it works seamlessly on the SD card!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Fireviewer blows them both away, but AcidImage is really growing on me!

Administrator
    i agree 'sync, Fireviewer is absolute! :Smoke:

I tried Fireviewer briefly, but with such limited space on the Treo I had to make tough choices! When I get my 7135 I will give it another go

I'm not familiar with AcidImage... what's nice about it? I'm not very familiar with Fireviewer either... feel free to give me the lowdown there as well
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)